Position Summary Data Science Team Leader – Client Experience / Research and Insights
We seek someone with a proven track record leading data science teams and delivering compelling insights using creative and rigorous data science methods. The team you will lead designs and deploys impactful data driven research to a global audience on a wide range of topics spanning technology to the public sector. Candidates will need to demonstrate strong creativity in identifying non-traditional data sources, the ability to guide rigorous application of data science techniques, and the willingness to ideate and collaborate with business experts from a wide variety of domains. The Data Science Leader will play a key role in cultivating the team's ability to deliver analytically driven research products to help inform and shape national perspectives on major business issues. Candidates will be responsible for the end-to-end research process including driving topic selection, presenting findings internally and externally, and co-authoring public facing research publications and products. Strong candidates will be simultaneously rigorous and creative in their research approaches, comfortable with public speaking, focused on managing a team developing staff, and capable of both delivering and receiving candid feedback. This position will play a key role in developing novel research into critical phenomena affecting US businesses and the US government. Prior work from this team has been cited in Congressional testimony, won an international Webby award, been featured in Tier 1 Media outlets (WSJ, USA Today, etc.), and has supported millions of dollars in sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team in US and India with relationships globally
- Collaborates with a variety of domain experts to identify research projects that are both technically feasible and relevant to the public discourse and Deloitte's clients
- Engages with and manages multiple internal stakeholders including research teams, client facing practitioners, executives, data science networks
- Ideates and co-creates with R&I Center Directors to build capabilities and data/analytical platforms
- Defines technical development plans for staff and manages the team's day-to-day workflow
- Establishes and oversees a process for code and methodology reviews involving a broad range of techniques (e.g. data preparation, statistical analysis, survey design and analysis, text analytics, network analysis, etc.)
- Manages a technical team that collaborates with a variety of industry research centers and helps prioritize research requests covering multiple industry areas
- Balances the demands of multiple long-term projects simultaneously
- Presents on research findings to senior leadership both within and outside of Deloitte
- Solid understanding of both core statistics and machine learning methods. Willingness to keep abreast of leading-edge tools and methods.
- Ability to explore and cultivate innovative data sources to enable innovative analytical approaches.
- History of successful leadership and demonstrated ability to independently create technical work plans and novel concepts
- Capability to lead empathetically and willingness to make time to ideate and discuss career development with team members.
- Ability to clearly communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Travel up to 25% to attend offsite meetings, conferences, and/or training sessions.(While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- A strategic understanding of how data science might inform specific client problems and the potential internal and external audiences for the projects. Experience managing data-driven research, from project ideation to deployment
- Familiarity with a range of data sources as well as core data analysis and visualization languages and tools (R, Python, SQL, Tableau, d3, etc).
- Prior publication of work (please provide links if possible)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10984
Apply on company website