Deal Desk Strategy Specialist
Are you looking for an organization with startup spirit or enterprise strength? Now you can have both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset, passion for helping emerging technologies enter new markets, and an analytical skillset to be a strategic deal advisor to our innovation teams.
We are currently seeking a deal & pricing strategist to join our Deal Desk Strategy team, supporting a wide portfolio of global clients across varied products in exciting areas such as AI, Cloud, Blockchain, and the Future of Health.
Work you'll do
You will play a critical role in the overall strategy of the company, bringing new innovations to our clients. You will be an expert in creative deal constructs and pricing for value and will advise the Deloitte Consulting leaders responsible for selling our new technology innovations. You will also manage the deal execution process, which requires collaborating with multiple functions such as Sales, Finance, Legal, Product Management and Sales Ops to provide governance for deal approvals and supporting contractual terms.
- Provide thought leadership to develop innovative and strategic deal structures to fit the needs of the business and our customers
- Work with account teams to set deal objectives and create an actionable strategy to execute the deal
- Develop strategy for pricing and discount structure to maximize value
- Drive approvals of non-standard business terms from stakeholders across legal, finance, tax, independence and risk
- Analyze pricing data and provide guidelines and recommendations
- Develop best practices for pricing, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions
- Create, refresh and maintain price lists/structures based on product enhancements and market learnings and development
- Create sales support materials to educate sales teams on best practices and standards for product pricing
- Develop deal frameworks, offer guidance and lead negotiation on deal structures
New Business Innovations (NBI) is a group within Deloitte Consulting responsible for incubating and scaling new technology-enabled breakthrough ideas that address our clients' most pressing business challenges.
The Go-to-Market Strategy team within NBI, of which Deal Desk is a part, is responsible for a critical set of business services, including commercialization, monetization, pricing, and sales enablement strategy for new Deloitte offerings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics or a related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in pricing strategy or deal structuring role
- Proven experience in developing and executing multi-year SaaS deals with enterprise clients
- Solid grasp of SAAS business models and contract terms, value-based pricing and contract negotiation
- Proven ability to successfully partner with internal senior stakeholders from various parts of the organization, with varying degrees of technical aptitude, and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Ability to absorb and recollect a large amount of detail and provide audience-specific context to drive efficient outcome focused meetings
- Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of management in a work environment in which priorities are frequently shifting
- Excellent executive presence, meeting facilitation, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- Proactive, detail-oriented and flexible
- Strong organizational skills, including project management experience
- Open to travel as needed (up to 20%) (While up to 20% of travel is typical of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 9893
Apply on company website