Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Risk & Financial Advisory Analyst in our Analytics & Technology group, you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You'll be involved in helping our clients identify and understand technology risk as businesses change, analyze and improve the effectiveness of governance and financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, and assist clients with enterprise and compliance activities.
Work you'll do
As an Analyst, you may have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your technology-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient following period of crisis or controversy.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
Helping our clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation requirements.
· Inspecting accounting systems and controls for improvement opportunities, leveraging our methodologies to help clients improve their information technology controls or technology risk management programs, and/or participate in the development or execution of internal audit strategic plans
· Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
· Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform of advisory services that enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and respond to brand and reputational, financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing
· Engaging with clients to measure, assess, and advise on ways they can reduce risk as it relates to the enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform
· Working with project team to define, plan, and execute treasury transformation enabled by treasury management systems (TMS) that support cash and liquidity management, trade management, hedge management & accounting, and financial risk management
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance.
Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
- The following undergraduate or master's degrees will be considered:
- Accounting or related degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
- Technology related degree such as Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering, Information Science/Management and Math
- Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
- A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 75% may be required dependent on role and location. (While 75% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2021
- Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 preferred)
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 2645
Apply on company website