Work you'll do
• Design, implement, and manage DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
• Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
• This is a hands-on role that develops and supports build and release automation pipelines. You will be part of one team that will deploy a highly available full software stack in public/ private clouds
• Manage entire pipelines and working with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform
• Install and configure NOSQL and SQL databases of all flavors- MongoDB, MYSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, Oracle
• Remediate gaps and support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of DevOps within the AppDev teams.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Collaborate and contribute to enhance the Deloitte DevOps Cloud Platform for cloud native use cases and optimizations
• Continually expand your knowledge beyond your defined area of competence in order to gain a complete, holistic view of a client technology organization.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Hands on with Shells, Shell scripting basics.
• Experience with microservices architectures and deploying Docker containers
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure and operations to ensure the scalability and maintainability of cloud native applications in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Versed and able to develop across Java, .NET and leading scripting languages with minimal ramp-up time
• Experience in agile tooling (Jira, etc.), distributed code management (Git, etc.), and deployment strategies that support both iterative & continuous development
• Application of agile engineering practices such as clean code, secure code, structured refactoring, test driven development, domain driven design, continuous integration and delivery
• Strong problem-solving skills - ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
• Solid understanding of IT organizations and specific challenges and issues.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Expert at Python
• Expert at Kubernetes and/or Docker and/or OpenShift
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22939
Apply on company website