Position Summary e-Discovery Complex Analytics – Data Engineer
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud.
Work You'll Do
- Identify appropriate software, custom scripts, or in-house development to solve specific issues.
- Evaluate, develop, and test custom scripts to address issues utilized as short term solutions.
- Ability to retrieve data within or across multiple environments to identify anomalies or define the scope of an issue.
- Escalate when challenges are encountered that alter the work plan.
- Provide clear and concise updates & ad-hoc reports to Project Managers which may be delivered directly to a client.
In 2008, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP (DTBA) opened a new facility in Nashville, TN for e-discovery and computer forensics work. DTBA's E-Discovery Solutions Center ("EDSC") continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of DTBA' s e-file processing by utilizing state-of-the-art technology in a dedicated environment. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join DTBA's Analytic & Forensic Technology practice and help drive the success of the EDSC.
- Bachelor's degree
- Education or experience analyzing business problems, transactional data, or unstructured data.
- Strong (2+ years) SQL development (DML and DDL), Stored Procedure authorship, and SQL optimization are a must and mandatory for consideration for this position.
- Helpful to have software engineering experience or 2+ years of application support, development, maintenance of relational database technologies.
- Knowledge of common e-Discovery tools is a plus (i.e. Concordance, Relativity, Ringtail, IPRO, Recommind, or Clearwell)
- Scripting experience with C#, Perl, Python, Batch file creation, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic is a plus.
- Hands on experience with both traditional (boolean and key word search) as well as concept-based search tools and technologies is a plus.
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent complex activities within a technical environment
- Ability to identify project issues and escalate in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal staff and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15635
Apply on company website