ETTL Technology Journalist
Work You'll Do:
Individuals in this role will be responsible for a variety of activities such as:
- Writing and researching fresh, concise articles and case studies, and editing the writing of others to support Deloitte Consulting's technology practice and the Emerging Tech/Tech Leadership team.
- Managing multiple works streams simultaneously and independently.
- Working closely with the ETTL team leaders, a senior technology writer, and with marketing/PR colleagues to generate a variety of deadline-driven pieces.
- Interviewing Deloitte senior leaders and translating their insights and perspectives into compelling, professionally written materials (e.g., reports, POVs, articles, blogs, Q&As, PPT presentations, educational materials).
- Developing ongoing relationships with Deloitte subject matter experts and practice teams.
- Continually monitoring and identifying developments affecting CIOs and other information technology executives.
In your role as a technology journalist, you will join the Creative Team, a group of writers and visual artists who support Deloitte Consulting's Emerging Tech & Tech Leadership team (ETTL). ETTL helps Deloitte and our clients understand the impact of emerging technologies and solidifies trusted advisor relationships with technology executives. ETTL identifies, researches, and champions the emerging technology trends affecting our firm and our clients' businesses, and helps shape the strategy for Deloitte's new and existing technology-driven services.
- Minimum of four years' experience writing about complex technology and business topics, ideally as a technology journalist for a publishing company or technology trade organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related area.
- Proven ability to write compelling ledes, and structure articles in ways that support a clear, linear narrative.
- Broad, current understanding of emerging technology trends (e.g., digitization, AI, AR/VR, advanced networking, cyber-security).
- Excellent interpersonal skills accompanied by significant experience interviewing senior executives (in person and via phone).
- Experience with cross-platform digital publishing and with multiple content types (social media, blogs, long-form digital and print articles, webcasts, embedded video, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams).
- Well-developed time, resource, and project management skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, responsiveness, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- A commitment to excellence and a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a structured environment.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18901
Apply on company website