Are you a team player and creative thinker with strong writing and project management skills? Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results that drive business objectives? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the “Apply Now” button!
What you'll do:
As a PR Senior Manager, you will deliver innovative external communications strategies that build and protect the firm's brand and reputation, position the firm as a thought leader, attract top talent, ensure consistent messaging, and position the business to win work.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive the overall External Communication objectives and programs designed to strategically position Deloitte in the marketplace.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide strategic counsel to senior leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact and be responsible for enhancing and cultivating relationships with the media.
- Oversee the development and execution of programs and press materials.
- Help prepare leaders to represent the Firm through external channels.
- Drive external eminence for the Firm through proactively pitching stories positioning the Firm, senior leadership, and other industry leaders as experts on specific topics.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate, and facilitating and coordinating media training for spokespeople when required.
- Assist with media relations in the event of a crisis.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results
- Manage and work with more junior members of the team, to ensure successful results, and help them develop the skills necessary to reach the next level in their career.
- Manage external PR agency resources.
Deloitte's Communications team provides value by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
- Communications professional with a minimum of 12+ years relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Experience developing and executing executive positioning programs and working with senior leaders and the teams who support them
- Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- Advanced degree
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 21762
Apply on company website