Position Summary Are you looking to be a part of the largest growth area in the tax industry? Do you have experience serving clients in partnership taxation, leading and mentoring teams, and advising on important tax and business issues? If you're a leader who wants to develop and thrive in the most strategic part of our tax practice and serve our largest clients, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Tax Senior on our growing team!
What you'll do As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and advisory services to investment management clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients' tax objectives. You will manage the client relationship by delivering tax advisory services to the client. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax filings
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to gather information to complete their tax returns.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff, and attending required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific trainings.
- Preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and advisory projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
- 2+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- 2+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Experience with Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of, or willing to obtain)
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Previous Big 4 or large firm experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 20943
Apply on company website