Deloitte leads with purpose,solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines andacross borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms bydeveloping and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creatingnew solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion forigniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organizationand those it supports.
Our Team is seeking a Firewall Engineer!
Work you'll do:
- Provide engineering support for firewalls on multiple platforms across the Deloitte global infrastructure.
- Escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Rotational weekend on-call to address critical issues. Ability to work weekends when necessary for scheduled tasks.
- Responsible for bringing problems to a resolution within a timely manner.
- Lead engineering projects to completion working with other Deloitte teams and vendors.
- Drive the resolution of all priority issues including participation in technical assistance conference calls.
- Support customers with process and technical questions related to GTS Firewall Management Services.
- Build relationships with customers, other Deloitte teams, and vendors to provide exceptional service.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and automate processes within GTS Firewall Management Services.
- Proficient knowledge on compliance and regulatory requirements to assist Ensure firewall services and systems are always available and reliable.
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS.
- Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies.
- Able to coordinate and work with on-site engineers during outage or critical situations.
- Adhere to established incident management SLA and SLOs.
- Able to document troubleshooting/process related documents for the team.
- Provide input into peer performance reviews.
- Mentoring of staff on technical processes and procedures.
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation, that meet GTS Standards.
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation.
- Lead in training new staff in technical processes and procedures.
- Work with GTS leadership and application teams in reviewing new documentation.
The responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion.
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
• Bachelor's Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience
- 7 to 10 years
• Expert level knowledge of Check Point firewalls including additional blades.
• Knowledge of Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls.
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols.
• Knowledge of monitoring tools and commands to ensure quick resolution to issues.
• Advanced level skill in firewall policy management.
• Ability to manage support cases with external technology vendors.
• Knowledge of server technologies is a plus.
• Knowledge of virtual technologies is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to easily analyze and communicate complex ideas to all levels of management.
• Sensitivity and cultural awareness is essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people around the globe.
• Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Check Point Certified
- Palo Alto Certified
- Cisco Certified
- CISSP Certified
- ITIL Foundation Certified
If you experience anytechnical issues when trying to apply for this role, please send your resumedirectly to us at DeloitteGlobalCareers@deloitte.comwith the position ID at the bottom of this post and the job title. Amember of our recruiting team may contact you if more information is needed.Resume submission via email does not constitute a formal application ofemployment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D68775
Apply on company website