Use your .NET Development skills to cultivate innovative technologies for a fast-growing segment within Deloitte Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work with a team of proven innovators!
Work you'll do
As a Developer on our team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications.
- Provide support for existing systems.
- Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering was developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace requirement, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest-growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide-range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems, computer science, business/technology or similar degree
- 3+ years' experience in .Net programming.
- 3+ years' experience working with and scaling relational databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher.
- Experience in web design and development using Microsoft Technologies (.Net 4.5 or higher).
- Experience with at least four of C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net, ADO.NET, MVC, jQuery and Angular and object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with at least two of Web Services, RESTful API, WCF and Web API's and windows services.
- Experience with data modeling, database design, querying, performance tuning etc.
- Experience in writing TSQL queries using Subqueries, Joins, Windows functions (i.e. Ranking, aggregate etc.), Set Operators, CTE, Temp Table, Derived Tables, Dynamic SQL, Pivot, Unpivot and XML.
- Experience in SQL Error Handling, Transactions and optimization of complex SQL queries.
- Experience in troubleshooting common database issues (deadlocks, blocks, indexes, expensive queries and performance counters using DMV).
- Experience of Agile methodologies and SCRUM processes.
- Experience with Source Control Systems preferably GIT.
- Experience with CI/CD tools preferably Azure DevOps.
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification obtained or in process or must be able/willing to obtain.
- Working knowledge of QlikView, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, and Telerik Kendo UI.
- Working knowledge of enterprise application architecture and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Financial Services environment.
- Experience working in consulting environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and virtually.
- Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15368
Apply on company website