Position Summary Design Manager Are you passionate about design strategy and want to apply your design thinking skills to implementing transformative change for our customers? Our strategists are highly skilled in one or more discipline of design (e.g. communication, product, service, and interaction). They are focused on using the human-centered design process to solve problems for our government clients. A career within our growing Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice will offer you unique exposure to consulting capabilities, industry expertise and trusted methodologies, as well as cutting-edge creative prowess. Apply today! Work you'll do As a Design Strategist in our practice you will:
- Create design-led approaches to complex problems involving people, processes and systems
Oversee the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, technologists and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and mission effectiveness as well as operational efficiency
Design, plan and execute user research
Collaborate with designers, strategists and technologists to turn insights from research into solutions to business and social challenges
Synthesize and communicate research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways, using a variety of mediums
Craft compelling stories and visual models to communicate discoveries
Support and lead client-facing conversations that may challenge established perspectives on processes, systems and customers
Interpret client input and adjusting communication and narrative accordingly
Lead the synthesis of multiple work streams into a coherent and powerful narrative about the future, often within a digital context
Direct and produce tangible outputs at different stages of the design process, including personas, journey maps and service blueprints
Work side-by-side with account leaders to set project direction and to identify new business opportunities direction and to identify new business opportunities
Customer Strategy & Applied Design, Government and Public Service practice Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clientsâ€™ customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation within the Government and Public Service market. We deliver set of customer focused work:
- Customer Strategy| Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer and citizen value drivers and make choices about how to best serve the markets and segments through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize program and service decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the customer and citizen engagement agenda
- Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer, citizen and the organization across the lifecycle of awareness, engagement and service at each and every touch point.
- Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses, programs and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive mission success
- Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate â€œdigitalâ€ as a strategy aligned with their organizationâ€™s mission and agenda â€“ and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a relevant field (business, design, consulting, strategy) with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in human centered design, service design, design research, business design, or customer experience projects
- 2+ years of Management Experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance as needed
- Previous Government Public Sector experience
- Experience in a traditional design discipline (Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
Deloitte's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitteâ€™s impact on the world.
Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area youâ€™re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18202
Apply on company website