Health Care Supply\nChain, Manager
The Team –
Focuses\non assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding\nand payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients\ninclude hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health\nagencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers,\npractitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health\ninsurance companies, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), and retail health care\nclients.
Supply Chain & Manufacturing\nOperations
:\n Our Supply Management & Digital Procurement Talent Group improves the\neffectiveness and efficiency of the planning/engineering, sourcing,\nmanufacturing, and delivery/logistics of business processes to create a\nstrategic, competitive advantage.
One of the\nservices our practice provides to health care clients is supply chain\noptimization (pricing and utilization), including analyzing the group\npurchasing organization, contracts and inventories to find ways to reduce costs\nand make smart buying decisions.
Work you'll do
Managers\nare professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement\nwho have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. \nDeloitte professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with\npeople at all levels of an organization.
Managers\nlead multiple project work streams, small engagement teams or components of\nlarge, complex engagements. They mentor junior practitioners as they\nconduct detailed, quantitative analyses associated with developing meaningful\ninsights to address health care clients biggest challenges. These\nchallenges encompass everything from helping clients increase revenues,\ndecrease costs, accelerate cash flow, improve margin and operational workflows\nby addressing people, processes, technology, and strategy across every aspect\nof the project lifecycle.
Deloitte\nmanagers typically work with a project team dedicated to a single health care\nclient, taking direction from the project manager or\nPrincipal/Partner/Director. They work side by side with\nPrincipals/Partner/Directors, often with exposure to C-level executives and\norganizational leaders. Project teams work onsite with the client team,\ntypically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
As a\nmanager, you will be asked to provide leadership in a variety of challenging\nroles, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, take\nresponsibility for the way you manage your time, develop your skill set, and\ndeliver creative, compelling insights to the client. Your career success\nis dependent on your ability to personalize your career path and identify and\ngrow your internal and external network. We don't expect you to do this alone -\nour environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your\nskills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.
Our\nSupply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into\ncompetitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase\nresponsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise,\nimplement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply\nnetwork and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational\nknow-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific\nhybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we\nimprove operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value\nchain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A\nevents.
- At least 8 years' of\n relevant consulting or industry experience and 6+ years in a technical or\n functional lead role. Industry experience might include roles in large\n multi-hospital systems or academic medical centers, as well as a GPOs, health\n plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PMB), or retail health organizations;\n and a Bachelor's degree and/or MBA preferred. MS or MBA with a focus on supply chain\n added bonus. \n
- Lead assessments of healthcare\n supply chain transformations (operating model redesign), healthcare care\n ERP supply chain transformation, process redesign and procure to pay.
- Lead\nredesign and implementation projects to streamline resources, processes, and\ntechnologies across the client's continuum including inpatient, outpatient\nand/or retail services
- Perform\nresearch, data analysis, benchmarking and development of tools, graphics and\npresentations as appropriate to assist the client in understanding methods and\nprocesses required to achieve measurable results.
- Build\neffective and sustainable relationships with key industry leaders and clients\nto develop new engagements. Participation in organizations such as the\nAssociation for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) added\nbonus.
- Demonstrated experience in\n business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Strong\nexecutive presence and client presentation skills. Ability to work independently on multiple\nwork streams while developing teams.
- Demonstrated experience\n managing complex, multi-thread programs including scope definition,\n objective prioritization, risk management, and issue resolution.
- Expertise in delivering\n high-quality program outcomes according to the scope, work plan, quality\n standards and budget.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering\n key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- Experience in leading senior client teams (C-level\n executives, SVP's etc.)
- Demonstrate consistent career progression with\n increasing levels of responsibility.
- Perform above expectations in previous professional\n roles.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Business Intelligence\n and Analytics software tools a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel 90%.
- Must live within commuting distance to one of\n Deloitte's consulting offices.
- No sponsorship
- Professional experience with operational process\n mapping \n
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction\n planning and implementation \n
- Experience with healthcare organization M&A,\n physician alignment, or financial margin improvement initiatives \n
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+) \n
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related\n field (e.g., MHA, MBA, MS, PharmD) from a top tier program. For PharmDs:\n R.Ph added bonus. \n
- 2+ years of management consulting experience in a\n health care related field \n
- Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel,\n Visio, and Access. Tableau added bonus. \n
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and\n problem-solving skills \n
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and\n communication skills \n
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a\n client business setting \n
- Commitment to personal and professional growth \n
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client \n
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and\n passion \n
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment \n
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.\n\n
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.\n\n
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.\n\n
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.\n\n
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.\n
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRSF701-EP
Apply on company website