Information Security/Privacy Counsel
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and services are provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP (Deloitte & Touche LLP, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, Deloitte Tax LLP and their subsidiaries), and not by Deloitte LLP. The subsidiaries of the U.S. member firm are among the nation's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services through nearly 40,000 people in more than 90 cities. Known as employers of choice for innovative human resources programs, they are dedicated to helping their clients and people excel.
Position Location (City, State):
Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Miami, FL, St. Louis, MO or other U.S. locations outside of the New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles metropolitan areas are preferred.
Detailed Position Description:
Join our collaborative team of nine privacy and data security specialist attorneys who represent and advise Deloitte LLP and its affiliates on a wide variety of multi-industry, domestic and global information security and privacy matters as applicable to the entire organization, including Deloitte's Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Risk and Financial Advisory, and Tax businesses, with an emphasis on drafting and negotiating complex contractual agreements and terms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as an attorney
- Knowledge of, and working experience with, federal, state and international information security and privacy laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards (such as CCPA, GLBA, GDPR)
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating:
- information security and privacy provisions in agreements
- privacy and data transfer or processing agreements
- Experience working with information technology or information security department specialists or other business team constituents:
- to devise data-handling solutions compliant with legal, policy, and contractual requirements
- on policies and practices compliant with applicable privacy and data security laws and contractual obligations
- Experience advising on information security and privacy issues, particularly those associated with consulting, technology, cloud computing or outsourcing agreements
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, often on a time-sensitive basis
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Law degree required
- Active member of a State Bar in good standing required
- One or more privacy or security certifications (such as CIPP/CIPT, CISSP, CISM, CCSP, ISO 27001 and/ or CompTIA Security+) is preferred
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 23326
Apply on company website