Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in effectively managing global trade decisions and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world!
What you'll do
As a Manager on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; you will work with U.S. and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives; with the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
- Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions to enable international trade management operations.
- Supervising assignments by the Global Trade professionals serving as Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Developing and motivating the engagement staff by providing them with leadership, counselling, and career guidance.
- Assisting Partners, Principals, and Directors with day-to-day operations of practice
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
- 5+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a legal, business or technology related field
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing import/export compliance processes and internal controls
- Experience leading and managing global project teams
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)â€
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- US Customs Broker License
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other certification (upon approval)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Prior consulting experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Foreign language skills or study abroad experience
- Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export compliance
- Project management experience indicating strong organizational, data management, project planning, project execution, and people skills
- Business management and financial leadership experience indicating strong ability to plan and manage budgets, financials, and operations
- Ability to proactively develop internal and external relationships and effectively speak to import/export/technology matters in relation to global trade
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Significant experience in using PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- SAP SD/MM Certifications
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 24976
Apply on company website