Lead Immigration Advisory Specialist
The Lead Immigration Advisory Specialist will support strategic advisory to Consulting through data-driven insights that drive decision-making. The Specialist will leverage subject-matter expertise to proactively identify Immigration-related challenges and opportunities, and assist in developing strategic recommendations to key business stakeholders. They will enable the engagement and understanding of recommendations through the development and customization of key deliverables (reports, dashboards, presentations, talking points) to Business, Talent, and Engagement leaders that transform technical legal concepts into actionable business decisions.
Work You'll Do
- Provide data-driven strategic insights to support customized advisory for Consulting to enable key decision-making
- Proactively identify trends, risks, and issues for various cohorts, and provide tailored insights and recommendations to Business and Talent stakeholders, based on analysis of complex data and critical logic gained through deep experience in U.S. business immigration;
Identify opportunities for improving sophisticated data gathering, analysis, and reporting to develop new insights for Business and Talent stakeholders;
Assist in development and delivery of key communications to facilitate strategic priorities or projects.
- Serve as POC for strategic business units or engagements to ensure continuous visibility on immigration matters that impact service delivery, and ensure seamless transition of business units or engagements into standard Talent Immigration program
- Collaborate with stakeholders and data sources across Talent, Talent Immigration, and vendors to provide specialized, detailed, and customized insights beyond basic reporting capabilities to strategic business units or engagements, and continuously maintain and deliver the information as needed to meet service delivery objectives;
Customize deliverables with key insights tailored to the specific Consulting business unit or engagement, and assist in developing strategic recommendations on Immigration-related challenges or opportunities;
Develop a playbook for engagements with high immigration needs to help them understand overall program, strategies, timelines.
- Lead the coordination of initial Consulting global transfers programs for Talent Immigration, beginning with the US to Canada program
- Manage US to Canada transfers program for immigration-challenged US practitioners who desire to remain with the Deloitte global network
- Utilizing subject matter expertise of immigration processes, work with internal teams managing at-risk practitioners to obtain appropriate, updated data based on up-to-the minute information on status and case strategies and identify practitioners with clear risk;
Coordinate with Talent Analytics to provide comprehensive view of at-risk practitioners beyond Immigration considerations;
Collaborate with the Canadian MF POC to ensure clear understanding and considerations for at-risk population, and continuously strengthen relationship with Canadian partners by providing US Immigration-related guidance;
Provide guidance to eligible U.S. employees and their Talent professionals on U.S. immigration-related questions as they consider implications of a transfer to the Canadian MF;
Provide information about program and its benefits to Business leaders and Talent partners.
- Identify and assist in developing additional opportunities for potential program expansion opportunities to other Global locations
The US Immigration program is part of the Talent team of Deloitte Services LP, working in partnership with the Office of General Counsel. This team provides strategic immigration services to foreign nationals who work in the U.S., immigration program compliance oversight, and training to the management, Talent Services and the employees of the Deloitte U.S. Firms.
- BA or BS undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in U.S. business immigration and demonstrated expertise in this area, either in a law firm environment or through the management of an in-house immigration program.
- Subject Matter Expert in H-1B, L-1, TN, E-3, PERM, and multi-national manager I-140 processes.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels and across organizational boundaries with a high degree of influence to be successful in a matrix organization that requires collaboration and consensus.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across Talent and the business.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with large teams.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSPEDD114-HRL4
Apply on company website