Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Lead Software Engineer – DAS Tax
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation
Work you'll do
Subject matter expert who provides technical direction and end to end delivery of projects to address business needs. Analyzes emerging technologies and influences direction of project solutions. Possesses in-depth knowledge and enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Coordinates application development activities and directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Participates in quality improvement activities for the development organization. Ensures project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and adhere to the application standards.
- Hands on involvement in the development and configuration of projects. Enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for the software development life cycle.
- Analyzes emerging technologies, working with architecture teams to recommend technology decisions and direction of project solutions.
- Works closely with product team members to fully understand business requirements and create clear functional specifications outlining the client requirements.
- Monitors progress and status of tasks and deliverables on projects and escalate issues and risks timely. Leads the delivery, implementation, and improvement of all applicable channel processes, methodologies, and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provides on-going support to business and content teams on strategic technology platform, quality assurance and issue resolution.
- Involved in helping development team members.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte has revolutionized software and application delivery, creating a model that's scalable, cost-effective, and demonstrates a progressive and responsive talent structure. As Deloitte's primary internal development team, the application studios deliver innovative digital solutions to businesses, service lines, and industries with validated bottom-line results.
The 570+ applications in Deloitte's enterprise application portfolio are created to solve highly complex business problems and lead in practitioner productivity in an increasingly mobile, interconnected, and rapidly evolving landscape. From true enterprise apps enhancing daily productivity to business-enabling systems, ITS Deloitte Application Studios teams enable Deloitte professionals—across business lines—to serve clients with distinction.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 4 at least years of application development and support experience in designing software solutions for business use cases. Knowledge of software development life cycle, project management & product management.
- Proficiency in software development lifecycle methodologies like Agile, SAFe, Microsoft technical stack, Office 365 and architecture and software design for enterprise solutions using UML, 4+1, etc., Integration experience with firm and Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure like Azure AD, etc.,
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Prior experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Oracle etc.,
- Prior experience with cloud based technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18101
Apply on company website