Manager, Cloud Security Engineering
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
We are creating an innovative, highly skilled, results-oriented technology team, with a deep commitment to building and implementing advanced Cloud Security Architectures. You will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and oversight for security and infrastructure services being developed, managed, and delivered in our multi-cloud platforms and hybrid environments globally. You will focus on standardization, suitability, and integration of the existing security portfolio incorporating new and more dynamic solutions to make our environment more secure and user friendly. You will use your experience to evaluate new solutions and develop supporting elements required to incorporate new technologies in a safe and secure manner. We operate a large number of complex applications and your focus on security for infrastructure services and business applications will be paramount to our success. You will bring extensive experience in cloud-based development and security management in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments including container and serverless technologies. More specifically, you will:
- Guide the implementation of new cloud infrastructure methodologies, concepts and changes to security services in line with business requirements and security guidelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, Engineering, Cyber Security Operations, and global architects to align security architecture investments with commercial leading best practices, standards, and frameworks for employing cloud security controls and achieving compliance.
- Incorporate business drivers, needs, and strategies in the development of the technology strategy, strategic communication, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Manage and review existing cloud security design, processes and supporting tools to ensure they are effective and leverage cloud security industry trends that can mitigate emerging threats.
- Work collaboratively to design and/or evaluate new tools for improving platform availability, integrity, and confidentiality using automated protection mechanisms that meet business security and compliance requirements.
- Specialize in cloud native serverless micro-service development to achieve event-based security to automate cloud infrastructure configuration drift reduction, integrate security monitoring, and orchestrate incident response procedures.
- Work in an agile development environment to design and maintain an enterprise Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) operating model that promotes application immutable infrastructure and secure software development cycle tenets using cloud native and industry leading tools
- Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
• Security, risk & compliance
• Technology support
• Relationship management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or equivalent years of professional experience) plus a minimum of 6+ years of directly related experience including subject matter expertise in Cloud Security Engineering and Architecture with at least one year of leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing for both small and large-scale solutions with an emphasis on security and performance
- A background in cloud security practices in at least one of the core Cloud Security Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) encompassing
- N-Tier, Serverless, and container application security reference architecture design
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline security
- Security information and event management (SIEM) logging and monitoring (i.e. Splunk integration)
- Cloud Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR)
- Identity and access management (IAM) including Identity federation with Active Directory
- Superior communication, problem solving, collaboration, presentation, and people skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Architect certifications in one or more: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Certified Security Specialty in one or more: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Familiarity with Mitre ATT&CK model
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21NATSMGRLJ103-ITL5
Apply on company website