Confidentiality & Privacy is seeking an experienced Manager to contribute to strategic priorities and mitigation of confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly build subject matter expertise in the US Firms' confidentiality and privacy policies while providing impactful contributions to risk identification, risk mitigation, and cross-functional response to confidentiality and privacy incidents. The successful candidate will be expected to participate and manage confidentiality and privacy initiatives designed to safeguard confidential information (CI) and protect Deloitte's brand and reputation.
Work you'll do
Confidentiality & Privacy Strategic Priorities
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance the US Firms' confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include development of training and awareness materials, support to Lean Data or Data Classification activities, completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, management of Data Subject Access Requests, or support for other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Contribute to the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions to enhance confidentiality and privacy processes and mitigate risk.
- Support confidentiality and privacy program assessments and system reviews of confidentiality & privacy risks.
- Review and advise on technical requirements, vendor solutions, and data protection features of applications and systems utilized and/or delivered by the Deloitte US Firms.
- Provide expertise and support to data analytics efforts to identify insights, potential risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and coordinate cross-functional CI incident response teams; be an incident response leader who business teams can turn to and rely on for timely and impactful advice and resolution of issues.
- Conduct investigation and analysis of incidents involving business technologies and provide guidance on required course of action by technology teams (e.g., ITS/ Cyber).
- Develop in-depth understanding of the US Firms' businesses and enabling areas to provide quick response and guidance based on the nature of the incident and potential risks to Deloitte.
- Ensure prompt and thorough investigation and response based on incident criticality, nature, and severity. Draw out details that may not be obvious, identify proactive measures to address identified issues, and escalate matters to leadership as needed.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with leadership and key stakeholders to drive follow-up through incident closure.
- Ensure incident records are properly documented with supporting evidence that is thorough, accurate, and complete.
- Assist with projects/strategies to enhance the US Firms' incident management and preparedness based on emerging trends and risks.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation—ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Confidentiality & Privacy
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P), led by the Chief Confidentiality & Privacy Officer and Managing Director, Confidentiality & Privacy, is a steward for Deloitte's reputation. In that role, C&P is responsible for the development and deployment of a comprehensive program to mitigate confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The team is highly collaborative, and individual contributions are measured relative to team contributions. C&P is organized around key service areas, which include:
- Insider Risk
- Incident Management
- Data Classification & Training
- Technology Risk
- Lean Data Initiatives
Required Education & Experience
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, or related field or significant industry experience required.
- Advanced degree (JD or Master's degree) preferred
- 7-10+ years of related experience, including a minimum of 5 years in Risk Management, Privacy and/or Incident Management, IT security, Privacy by Design, incident handling and response,
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through a combination of deep technical expertise, professional judgment and process/program/project ownership.
- Direct experience investigating and managing compliance and/or privacy incident response activities.
- Knowledge of technologies used to collect, share, access and use personal data such as cookies, web beacons, data warehouse, and web analytic and decision support software.
- Familiarity with cyber threats and potential impact on business
- Knowledge of U.S. privacy legislation such as HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, FCRA, GLBA, stated privacy laws, state data breach laws and the capability to apply regulatory requirements within an operational context.
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Highly responsive and operate with a sense of urgency when managing reported incidents, including outside normal business hours as required.
- Demonstrated track record in sound judgment, investigation, strong attention to detail, and persistence in following/driving incidents to conclusion.
- Excellent organizational, communications (oral and written), problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service orientation - our clients expect and deserve high quality work products and effective resolution of identified issues.
- Executive presence, strong facilitation skills
- Remain calm while retaining your ability to influence others in high pressure situations.
- Highly collaborative work ethic with demonstrated agility and strong teaming skills.
- Strong project management skills while exhibiting an ability to multi-task across various initiatives and activities.
- Quick and eager learner to apply new skills and technologies in a results-oriented manner.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) certification preferred
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) certification preferred
- Proficiency in Analytics Tools (e.g., Tableau) and Collaboration Tools (e.g., SharePoint) a plus
- Work Location: Any Deloitte US office location
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22677
Apply on company website