Are you a strategic and creative tax manager who likes leading teams to solve complex federal tax issues? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax restructuring,” and “tax controversy” pique your interest? Do you enjoy developing client relationships and providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to a variety of clients in the insurance and financial services industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Insurance Industry) practice!
Work you'll do
As a Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services Insurance group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements within the insurance industry.
• Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and ensuring the integrity of tax results using technology solutions, as well as supporting the development and implementation of tax strategies and planning opportunities.
• Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing while providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
• Consulting with other service lines and peers to address tax issues and meet organizational objectives; particularly in the areas of international tax, state tax, transfer pricing, investments tax and M&A.
• Staying abreast, and educating others, of trends and developments within the insurance industry.
• Delivering professional and timely services to internal and external customers.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• 5+ years' experience in federal taxation.
• Experience managing and developing both client service relationships and engagement teams, local and remote.
• Proficient in using tax code and regulations. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP), and related pronouncements such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101).
• Technologically inclined, with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simplified manner across all levels of an organization.
• CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
• Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
• Experience in the Insurance Industry and proficiency with SSAP 101.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 21172
Apply on company website