Are you looking for a fast-paced, exciting and dynamic work environment to challenge your existing skills? Are you interested in developing innovative solutions to solve complex business issues? If so, Deloitte is seeking Manager level candidates for its M&A Transactions Services Analytics practice.
Today's M&A due diligence environment generates vast volumes of data and information, and almost all of this information is captured and stored in computerized form.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies in financial services and banking sectors, health care, telecommunications and other industries, as well as the most dynamic private equity firms in the world.
Work you'll do
Candidates will be responsible for filling a dual role.
First, you will be key member of client deal teams through gathering, normalizing, validating and analyzing transactional data (e.g., sales and inventory data) to develop and test hypotheses for a given deal. You will work as part of cross-functional teams providing financial, accounting, operational and tax due diligence, bringing your skills to the deal to manage and analyze the data, and utilize your visual analytics skills to tell a compelling story of our findings.
Second, you will be at the heart of a firm-wide initiative to develop, refine and extend innovative software solutions to analyze transactional data as part of M&A due diligence. You will use your database, visualization and development skills to design analyses in various industries to make difficult work repeatable across M&A engagements.
The role requires a high degree of ingenuity and innovation to develop tools and techniques in the data analytics space. A candidate can expect to do some or all of the following:
- Coordinate with IT personnel to identify, collect and validate data from databases.
- Analyze deal data for trends and outliers.
- Identify opportunities to design and develop modules that enable effective and repeatable analysis of large transactional datasets.
- Work with deal team leaders to identify requirements, design, implement and test analytical methods and solutions.
- Research, identify, test and develop software solutions that may enhance existing client service offerings.
- Provide input to technology initiatives and investments across the M&A lifecycle.
Team members collaborate with other transaction service analytics professionals, members of the deal teams and clients to produce analyses in support of a transaction. This is not a "back-office" position; this is front-line client interaction with significant opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience analyzing large datasets
- Demonstrated knowledge or advanced business analytics and data mining solutions
- Solid understanding of multiple business cycles (Accounts Receivable/ Payables, Fixed Assets, Supply Chain, Inventory, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server 2014 & 2017, Microsoft Access, OLAP or other proprietary software)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as demonstrable evidence of effective team leadership, client relationship development and engagement management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master of Business Administration or Masters in Data Science
- Experience designing interactive visual interfaces (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Tools to do data ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), particularly Alteryx
- Practical application of machine learning algorithms
- Experience analyzing or managing accounting, financial or transactional data
- Statistical methods in support of data analysis
- Experience with R and/or Python
- CPA, CA certification
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets, this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Mergers and Acquisition practice.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18059
Apply on company website