Multistate Tax Services – Income/ Franchise Senior Consultant – Investment Management Industry
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax professional who loves solving complex state and local tax issues? Are you intrigued by the tax considerations specific to investment management, private equity, real estate and/or hedge fund clients? If you are ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology, then this may be the right fit for you!
We are looking for an innovative, analytical Tax Senior who is ready to seek and take-on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the world.
What You'll Do
As a Tax Senior Consultant, you will be a valuable member on engagements and provide state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in the investment management industry. You will grow your technical knowledge by working on large, complex multistate tax projects, and have access to outstanding resources as you continue to develop your supervisory and leadership skills. Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing detailed technical reviews of partnership and corporate state and local tax returns / work papers with attention to multistate tax issues
- Coordinating with clients' internal tax teams
- Performing a detailed review of estimated payment, withholding and composite tax calculations as well as investor packages
- Researching and analyzing state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance and investor reporting process.
- Assisting with tax consulting projects including tax planning, restructuring, and due diligence
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements
- Mentorship and development of talent in a diverse and inclusive workplace
With more than 1,500 professionals worldwide include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, and technology personnel with years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our team's overall practice specific services include investment management services, state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 2+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax, or federal tax
- Experience in preparation and review of state and local or federal pass-through, corporate tax returns, Subchapter K, or partnership allocation methodologies
- 2+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers, income tax returns, and investment management or partnership taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining or willing to obtain)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Supervisory experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15593
Apply on company website