.NET - Manager
The role of technology in tax functions has grown exponentially in importance as resource needs change and tax regulations become more rigorous. If you are someone who thrives in navigating the growing technology landscape through design, development and evaluating technology solutions to help companies achieve their objectives; then we would like to get to know you. Apply now!
What you'll do
As a professional in Deloitte's Tax Management Consulting (TMC) team, you will be a part of a team that provides a holistic and integrated approach technology working with developers to deliver end-to-end web/windows solutions for moderate to complex projects. You will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation and deployment of new data driven web-based applications, as well as providing support for existing systems.
As a .NET - Manager, you will contribute to the growth and success of Deloitte Tax LLP in a variety of ways, including:
- Develop and maintain: Software framework and services using the .NET framework, Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft technologies.
- Analyze: Client needs and technical requirements to create architecture and design for solution
- Scope: Understand and define scope of technical software projects, along with reviewing the requirements and asses the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Evaluate, create and document: Evaluate new technologies, create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing and document new development, procedures or test plans.
- Quality Assurance: Closely follow software development leading practices to maximize the predictability and success of projects.
- People development: Participate in the development of team members.
- Cross Functional Teaming: Understand and articulate the broader TMC practice and Deloitte overall.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree
- 7+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies; such as NET/.Net Core, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, Angular/AngularJS, SPA Development experience, OOPs, Entity Framework, C#, Microsoft Azure Development
- Experience with Visual Studio 2017 and later, Source Control – TFS / GIT / VSTS
- Experience developing Azure Applications (Azure Functions, Service Bus etc.) and Azure SQL
- Experience designing enterprise software and defining technology architectures (design patterns, SOA, etc.) and multi-tier system development and integration with other external systems
- Understanding of design patterns, architectural patterns, build automation, automated testing and continuous development and integration processes
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance management etc.
- Azure Architect or Developer certification or other Microsoft Certification; or other appropriate certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- Limited Sponsorship – Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Team Lead or experience managing architects and developers globally
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) practice helps tax departments pursue a streamlined, transparent, and efficient tax function that enhances the core responsibilities of compliance, reporting and planning, while also positioning tax as a strategic business advisor for the digital era. We specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function's unique needs, requirements and obligations. As technology specialists, we help clients make appropriate technology choices for both direct and indirect taxes across all business cycles that have a tax impact tax. Our team, the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients with a successful ERP implementation.
Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to support our clients' objectives and address their challenges. Our team's multi-disciplinary approach combines tax technical and technology skillsets, enabling greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. TMC's business services help clients with operating model evaluation, roadmap development for a desired future state, data management solutions, automation opportunities, tax portal, cloud for enterprise systems, agile resourcing models, risk, provision and compliance.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18022
Apply on company website