Oil, Gas & Chemicals - Cloud Strategy & Transformation - Manager
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for business agility, velocity and efficiency is next-gen Cloud solutions. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions
We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving
Our Cloud Strategy practice is focused on developing and executing multi-dimensional cloud strategies that consider the platform, architecture, security, organizational and financial aspects of adopting cloud technologies.
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
- 7+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build relationships with senior business and technology leaders
- 4+ years Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry experience
- Experience managing moderate-sized engagements (4-7) team members
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud solutions (IaaS/PaaS/Big Data and Analytics) Strategy and Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes private/public Clouds – on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare)
- 5+ years of experience in developing business case and TCO analysis drawing tangible connections between cloud strategy and business-valued financial-success metrics
- 5+ years of experience in quantifying the business value of cloud and evaluating the organizational impact of cloud adoption
- 5+ years of experience defining and implementing governance and restructuring IT departments to optimally manage cloud environments and cloud-native applications
- 5+ years of experience in reviewing and optimizing cloud-based usage and spending post initial cloud deployments
- Travel up to 100% (While 100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Public Cloud Certification(s) (AWS, MS Azure, GCP)
- Experience in recommending application cloud migration dispositions (rehost, re-platform, refactor, replace, retire) based on technical and business requirements
- Experience in infrastructure and / or cloud operations
- Relevant experience in leading reviews of clients' technology landscapes to identify a range of business-valued cloud uses cases and selecting the preferred public cloud platform for each use case
- Experience in leading multi-stream cloud transformation programs and initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Experience in defining business solutions (enabled by cloud) in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Entertainment, Insurance, Life Sciences, Technology or Transportation.
- Experience in leading the definition of cloud adoption strategies for large scale enterprise data and analytics solutions and use cases
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, OpenStack, and Hyper-V
- Practical experience with modern cloud-based operations including experience leading teams of Site Reliability Engineers
- Experience in designing for resiliency in the cloud, including, an understanding of key application resiliency patterns
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- A background in software development and experience in configuration management (tools like Chef and puppet)
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
- Comfort presenting to and delivering projects for senior leaders at organizations (e.g., Sr. Directors, Vice Presidents)
- Ability to work with a multi-location team spread across global regions
- MBA preferred
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40191
Apply on company website