Deloitte's Government & Public Services (GPS) Human Capital practice is seeking practitioners with experience in Organizational Change Management (OCM) and organization transformation. This project will be based in the Los Angeles area; local candidates are preferred, but candidates willing to travel may be considered. Prior management consulting experience is strongly preferred, and the ideal candidates will have experience consulting in the higher education, finance, technology, and/or media sectors. Positions are available at multiple levels.
Work you'll do
- Develop and implement Organizational Change Management strategies in large, complex environments; develop initial communications and training strategies
- Transfer knowledge of change management playbook and roadmap for deployment
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Actively participate in stakeholder engagement, stakeholder assessment, and change impact assessments; work alongside training and communications teams to develop and implement an integrated change management strategy
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Perform other duties as required
The OT practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Industrial and Organizational Development/Psychology, or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in an industry or consulting team-oriented environment in corporate operations, management, and/or human resources-related fields
- Based in the Los Angeles area, or willing to travel to the client site(s) there regularly
- Experience in developing and delivering integrated change management solutions alongside communications and learning consultants
- Experience with hands-on stakeholder assessment activities
- Experience working directly with change councils and other stakeholders to identify roadblocks in change campaign delivery and implementation
- Prior public sector professional services or consulting experience, especially in the higher education, finance, technology, and/or media sectors
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Experience and proficiency in change management practices in a consulting environment
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Relevant Change Management certifications (i.e., CCMP)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20LAXCCONJB097-HC
Apply on company website