Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our Enterprise Operations Consulting practice, and work side by side with our Federal clients to identify key business issues and drive meaningful change. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
Work you'll do
- On occasion, lead a project of moderate size and complexity, or one or more work streams in a larger project
- Communicate project delivery schedule and milestones while maintaining productive and professional relationships with client
- Develop new practices or modify pre-established practices to execute work appropriately in order to achieve efficiency and increase performance
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client's mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
- Support engagements related but not limited to Financial Operations, Supply Chain, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
- Manage engagement risk
- Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
- The Power Systems Planner is expected to engage in the following illustrative intervention
- The Nigeria Power Sector Program, a USAID-funded contract is seeking a Power System Planner who will work under the Regional Outcome 1 Lead to support power planning activities, and coordinate the delivery of policy frame works system stability under different load assumptions, analyze export and import potential and requirements across different countries, determine the effect of generation mix on power flows, and identify critical path sequencing of priority interconnections
- Support Grid Access Acceleration Team with development of electrification models and/or review existing planning models to outline potential grid extension opportunities and how WAEP's West Africa Activities can support these (via policy, technical, financial, data management or other support)
- Support action plan for strengthening and enabling regional power market by introducing advanced power systems analysis tools that facilitate coordinated planning and show how a coordinated regional plan can confirm the benefits while reducing the risks associated with individual projects and transactions
Supply Chain and Network Operations
Our Supply Chain and Network Operations team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Minimum of 5 years in the energy sector, 7-9 years preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience performing transmission system and generation planning studies, developing Integrated Resource Plans (IRPs), using power systems modeling tools such as PSSE and Plexos
- Experience working in similar context in West Africa region
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in French and English
- The primary place of performance for this activity will be in Dakar, Senegal with regional travel to the Ghana regional office and satellite field office activities as needed
- Previous federal consulting experience
- Previous experience working with donor agencies
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20ARLCPDMKD107430
Apply on company website