Pursuit Center of Excellence – PCOE Lead (Enabling Senior Manager)
Provides strategic and operational leadership on large and strategic pursuits through the pursuit lifecycle (Pre-Proposal, RFP response/proposal development, Orals and Post-Orals.) Collaborates with practice leaders to develop and lead the sales strategy and to drive consensus across stakeholders. Identify knowledge gaps for proposals and proactively work with firm leaders to secure subject matter expertise as required. Provide oversight and quality review for written proposals, including the solution design approach, risk reviews, and development of strategic message. Position requires 50-75% travel, with variation tied to office location.
- Manage pursuits to strengthen U.S. and global pursuit capability across the pursuit lifecycle
- Lead the pursuit process, owning the project plan, monitoring assignments, facilitating leadership reviews, monitoring development of resource and pricing models, coordinating leadership pricing calls, etc.
- Assist in crafting a compelling value proposition, winning message and story – both in the written response and for the oral presentation
- Bring best practices from other pursuits
- Collaborate on division of labor and optimal pursuit timeline, milestones, and schedule
- Lead proposal development and orals coaching
- Facilitates meetings and logistics
- Assign content owners and closes open content gaps
- Schedules and facilitates pricing and alignment calls as needed
- Liaises with infrastructure teams (Delivery Excellence, Pricing CoE, QRM, Competitive Intelligence, and subject matter specialists, as needed)
- Manage risk and elevate issues, team needs, requests for resources, as needed
- Manages and monitors the overall progress of the pursuit and development of the proposal effort
- Manage writing/editing, design and quality of sales materials
- Support production of printed materials, other content with production components
- Assist and support select learning and development initiatives that build and enhance Deloitte's sales effectiveness and sales capability
- Bachelor's degree in a related business discipline
- 5-8+ years Consulting experience, and/or sales pursuit and proposal development experience
- Experience collaborating and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders
- Understands overall firm services and support consulting function to connect with industry and service area practices
- Strong project management skills: able to work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining quality deliverables
- Experience with national and/or global consulting organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel between 50%-70%
Capability and Skillset Requirements
- Proven ability to address and manage conflict
- Solid decision-making skills, the ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Must work well under pressure and during times of ambiguity- can manage change, maintain composure and remain flexible
- Highly proactive, analytical self-starter, strong interpersonal skills and a team player
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATCSRMNR113-NO
Apply on company website