Analytics & Cognitive – Solution Specialist Python, PySpark, Scala Developer Consultant - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feels and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' requirements. Be responsible for developing and
testing solutions that aligns with clients' systems strategy, requirements, and design as well as supporting system implementation. Manage data pipeline process starting from acquisition to ingestion, storage, and provisioning of data to point-of-impact by modernizing and enabling new capabilities. Facilitate Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments by assessing client's enterprise IT environments. Guide clients to the future IT environment state to support meeting their long term business goals. Enhance business drivers through enterprise-scale applications that enable visualization, consumption and monetization of both structured and unstructured data.
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics & Cognitive offering leverages the power of analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, create and manage large-scale organizational intelligence, and generate insights that catalyze growth and efficiencies.
- Strong technical expertise in most of the following:
- Hadoop (Cloudera distribution)
- Spark with Scala or Python programming
- Hive Tuning, Bucketing, Partitioning, UDF, UDAF
- NOSQL Data Base such as HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience and knowledge working in Kafka, Spark streaming, Sqoop, Oozie, Airflow, Control-M, Presto, No SQL, SQL
- Expert level usage with Jenkins, GitHub is preferred
- Knowledge of working in financial/insurance domain
- 6+ years of experience of professional work experience
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Must be willing to live and work in one of our Center locations:
- Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area)
- Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area)
- Lake Mary, FL (Orlando area)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- 3+ years' experience working with Big Data eco-system including tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, Sqoop, HBase, Hive and Impala
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages like Python or Scala
- Experience on data lakes, datahub implementation
- Knowledge on AWS or Azure platforms
- Knowledgeable in techniques for designing Hadoop-based file layout optimized to meet business needs
- Able to translate business requirements into logical and physical file structure design
- Ability to build and test solution in agile delivery manner
- Ability to articulate reasons behind the design choices being made
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS, or equivalent experience
- Any bigdata certification is a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21MECCACSAH020-USDC
Apply on company website