Are you a leader and problem solver who wants to work with clients to figure out what lies behind the financial numbers? Are you interested in identifying key business issues to drive meaningful change? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of collaborative Specialists in Deloitte's Accounting and Internal Controls (A&IC) practice who focus on applying technical experience and a value driven methodology to help our clients solve accounting related challenges within complex operational environments. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory's A&IC practice.
Work you'll do
As a Manager within our practice, you will:
• Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps
• Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
• Advise our clients on accounting and financial reporting operations
• Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters
• Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
• Actively participate in the development of business and vendor relationships
• Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
• Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
• Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Deloitte team
• Display both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
• Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
• Provide counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
• Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Government and Public Services practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our GPS A&IC professionals help finance leaders solve complex issues impacting risk, integrity and efficiency. Our team helps clients prepare for financial close, address compliance regulations, improve process and controls around financial reporting, and implement new accounting requirements. Our practice can provide the support organizations need with a comprehensive approach to tackle the most challenging accounting and financial issues that impact risk within an agency environment.
• Mustbe legally authorized to work in the United States without the need foremployer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Bachelor'sdegree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
• Experienceperforming Accounting and Finance ERP system software implementations,specifically SAP FI
• FinancialAccounting experience in SAP that includes managing; General Ledger (FI-GL),Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Asset Accounting(FI-AA), and Bank Accounting
• Experience creatingreconciliation accounts in the General Ledger (FI-GL)
• Consultingexperience in financial system integrations
• Experiencepresenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas tovarious audiences (technical and non-technical)
• Expertlevel in SAP FI
• Experience withother U.S. government financial accounting systems
• Certificationsincluding CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21SACADVMANAR112006
Apply on company website