Deloitte Services LP seeks a Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Support the growth and career development of junior resources by serving as an informal mentor and a formal coach to their assigned teams, providing them with career and professional development guidance. Guide budget preparation activities and forecasts. Project and track financial metrics such as revenue, and expense. Perform various financial analyses such as reconciliations and variance analysis. Interact with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide engagement financial advice. Assist with engagement management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities. Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources. Develop and implement standards and processes for engagement management, quality management, and risk management. Participate in formal performance assessment activities for assigned staff. Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Engagement Controller Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives. Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience performing financial analyses, including reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Analyzing various pricing scenarios and determining project profitability and feasibility to advise management on project margins;
- Providing recommendations and support to consulting accounts and engagement teams by presenting financial reports to leadership, and by implementing project management controls using Tableau and SWIFT;
- Developing and implementing standards using AO to support account, quality, and risk management for clients;
- Monitoring and tracking forecasts for all projects by working with leadership to ensure actuals meet revenue goals;
- Assisting with project billing utilizing AO, S/4 Hana, I-Supplier, and Ariba;
- Evaluating project proposals to determine profitability utilizing Excel modeling;
- Analyzing and reporting on data utilizing audit service tools and Microsoft PowerPoint; and
- Utilizing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to create financial forecasts.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17305
Apply on company website