SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!More Info ×
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job' with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
- At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
- We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
- We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
- We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
- No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration', ‘verification' or ‘security deposit') or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Senior Consultant – Digital Health Plan
Are you an experienced professional with health plan and core administration experience? Do you have a penchant for detail with leadership experience? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective solutions? As a Digital Health Plan Senior Consultant, you will help clients set up, manage, and operate their most complex programs, assess and implement core administration solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for health plan systems and processes.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte Consulting professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization. Responsibilities typical of a senior consultant on one of our Digital Health Plan projects could include:
• Provide expertise in core administration platforms and health plan functions
• Assess a client's current core administration capabilities, define desired future state, identify gaps, and propose potential solutions
• Analyze available core administration platforms and provide recommended options based on a client's business and technical needs
• Lead project management activities for one or more work streams throughout the implementation of a third-party core administration vendor platform
• Gather client requirements and develop clear configuration designs for clients based on their current business needs and their future business requirements
• Drive conversion efforts to migrate core business data (e.g., providers, members, claims) from a client's legacy system to a new platform
• Partner with one or more business areas to identify impacts, define requirements, design new processes, and implement changes needed for future activities
• Assist client with the identification, prioritization, coordination, and resolution of issues among various business areas and third-party vendors that impact production and quality of system implementation efforts
• Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
• Assume accountability for on-time delivery of assigned activities and deliverables
• Manage delivery, work plans, and activities for one or more work streams
• Assess, design, and implement solutions to achieve client's strategic objectives and business issues
• Conduct client interviews and facilitate client meetings
• Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
• Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
• Present findings and recommendations to clients
• Develop and maintain trusted relationships with client counterparts
• Identify and mitigate risks related to one or more work streams
• Mentor and develop junior staff
• Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
• Provide input and guidance into the staffing process
• Provide real-time feedback to project team members and participate in the performance review process
• Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential, and complex data sets
Eminence and firm activities:
• Contribute to points of view in health care
• Participate in practice development activities within the firm
• Lead and support recruitment activities
• Organize local office events to build firm culture
The team – Health Care
The Health Care team focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding, and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs).
Health plans face a number of unique environmental pressures that affect the way they will conduct business today and in the future – among them a need for increased privacy and security, an intense focus on risk management, access to capital, efforts to consolidate and streamline IT functions, the launch of new consumer-driven business models, managing chronic diseases through medical management practices, maximizing e-business-driven platforms, implementing health plan-specific customer relationship management tools, and complying with increasing financial and transactional legislation. Our health care professionals can help clients address these and other challenges in today's complex health care environment.
About our Digital Health Plan practice
Our Digital Health Plan practice sits within Core Industry Solutions under Core Business Operations, which supports design, implementation, and operation of “heart of the business” transactional systems and core operations. Core Industry Solutions encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core our client's business. We incorporate expertise from across the firm to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions according to industry strategy. Professionals focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
The Digital Health Plan practice is focused on accelerated transformation of “heart of the business” operations for health plans through industry technology solutions. Practitioners focus on digital enablement across the health plan value chain, working with health care leaders and organizations to tailor a successful approach for transforming core administration operations and design solutions that meet our their financial, operational, and performance improvement goals. We connect with industry solutions players in the market, incubate new solutions in collaboration with clients and strategic alliances, and scale industry solutions using package and in-house products.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience within the health care industry, specifically focused on health insurance core administration functions and platforms
• Experience in one or more of the following types of projects within health plans: core administration platform implementation / migration, operational and/or IT solution design, operational and/or IT impact assessment, system evaluation and selection, application rationalization
• Demonstrated understanding of the health insurance business (Commercial [Employer and Individual], Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Employee Program, HealthCare Exchanges), with expertise in one or more of the following functional areas: membership and enrollment, billing, claims and claim payables, products and benefits, provider services, provider networks, provider reimbursement methodologies, authorizations, utilization management, care management, customer service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Proven critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills on business and technical constructs
• SDLC management experience in waterfall, agile, and/or scaled agile
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degree in business, technology, or health care related field from a top tier program
• Management consulting experience in a health care related field
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Understanding of the health care industry, including market landscape, regulatory environment, and industry trends
• Experience, training, and/or certification in one or more core administration platforms, such as HealthEdge HealthRules Payor, Facets, QNXT, Oracle Health Insurance Solutions, Epic Tapestry, AMISYS
• Experience working on provider data migration initiatives
• Experience configuring benefits, providers, contracts, and/or other health plan functions
• Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
• Commitment to personal and professional growth
• Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client
• Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
• Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
• Proactive and open to learning new technologies
• Strong work ethic; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21NATCSRCDS015-CBO
Apply on company website