BGS Operations: Operations Sr. Consultant
Location: Remote (US-based)
The BGS Operations team is part of our Businesses, Global, and Strategic Services organization (BGS). BGS's ambition is to create distinction and drive differentiation by addressing our clients' most important issues with solutions that integrate the best of Deloitte. Composed of our US Global, Strategy, Tech Strategy & Partnerships, Innovation, Impact & Integration, and Office for the Future teams, BGS works directly with our four Businesses (Audit & Assurance, Risk & Financial Advisory, Consulting, and Tax) to support our strategy and shape the future of our firm.
The BGS Operations Sr. Consultant will play a key role on the Operations team, focusing on integration and cohesion across the BGS teams to maximize the value we bring to the broader organization. This individual will be a key driver of recurring and ad hoc initiatives, working alongside members of the Operations team, other BGS teams, and POCs from other Enabling Areas to deliver projects aligned to Deloitte and BGS priorities. Successful candidates will be able to inform executive decision-making through diligent preparation, attention to detail, and effective facilitation.
Work you'll do
BGS Operations is chartered to facilitate a dynamic BGS organization that can shift with changing priorities while maintaining a consistent level of integration, stability, and community for our teams. There are 5 key components of our charter: 1) Management Structure, 2) Integration, 3) Talent, 4) Finance & 5) Communications. The BGS Operations Sr. Consultant will support initiatives across all 5 of these elements, but may devote more time toward any of the five pending project and organizational needs.
In this role, an individual will be expected to:
- Drive integration across the BGS organization to build a community of trust, commitment to the BGS purpose and brand across our practitioners, and awareness of each other's strengths and experiences
- Support the execution of efforts to define, measure, report on, and continuously evaluate BGS's priorities, activities, outcomes, and value
- Help refine the BGS operating model, working with BGS stakeholders to identify activities and expectations at the center and define roles and responsibilities across the organization
- Heighten BGS's digital footprint, focusing on new tools and platforms to share information, build a community, and increase efficiency and collaboration
- Partner with our Talent team to develop a comprehensive and consistent Talent experience for BGS practitioners
- Partner with our Finance team to establish and manage processes that enable dynamic spending and financial stewardship
- Implement diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and well-being strategies across the BGS organization, leveraging best practices from other parts of the firm
- Work closely with our Communications team to activate key initiatives
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years post-undergraduate experience
- Ability to synthesize large sets of information, extract insights, and develop recommendations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Exceptional project management, organization, strategic planning, and analytical skills
- Experience supporting change and behavioral shifts in an organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced, flexing environment with an ability to learn quickly
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, including writing
- Ability to lead through influence
- Sound decision making skills
- Inclusive mindset
- Demonstrated ability to engage an executive audience
- Experience with digital platforms (preferred)
- Experience leading the work of others (preferred)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Role may require limited travel (<10%) for team meetings, workshops, and other in-person events once “normal” business operations resume
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 21270
Apply on company website