Senior Consultant, Operations Transformation, Financial Services Industry
Offering – What we do
Operations Transformation practitioners serve as trusted advisors to our clients, combining strategic thinking with deep industry knowledge to solve complex business problems in a team-based environment. We architect operating models and processes that enable growth, optimize capital, and maximize operational efficiency.
Industry – Who we serve
Deloitte's Financial Services Industry consulting practice is the largest in the world, serving over 90% of Fortune 500 banking, insurance, securities, investment management, and real estate companies.
The ideal candidate will be curious, analytical, and confident, with a natural drive exceed immediate project requirements and overcome obstacles. A genuine passion for the financial services industry, combined with relationship-building, leadership, and communication skills will be critical to success. Candidates should be energized by continuous personal improvement, proactively seeking out new skills and perspectives, exhibiting openness to coaching from senior colleagues, and contributing to the development of junior staff.
You will work on engagements in a team-based environment, partnering directly with clients, fellow Operations Transformation practitioners, and Deloitte consultants from complementary disciplines. As a Senior Consultant, you will help lead workstreams within the context of a larger engagement, gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing actionable recommendations. You will help present your team's findings to senior client stakeholders, implement recommendations, and begin to build long-term trusted advisor relationships with client counterparts.
- 4+ years of strategy and/or operations transformation experience at a top-tier consulting firm OR a financial services institution
- Track record of working in a collaborative, team-based environment to solve business challenges and drive change in large organizations
- Experience directly leading workstreams and/or small teams within the context of a larger project
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing (e.g., MS PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited sponsorship opportunities may be available
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, PhD)
- Subject matter expertise in a financial services sub-area like Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking, Wholesale Banking, Cards & Payments, Wealth Management, Investment Management, Real Estate, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Insurance Products, Underwriting, Claims, Policy Administration, or Distribution
- Experience with financial services sector technology platforms and digital innovation
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15016
Apply on company website