Senior Manager, Legal Management Consulting
Today's world requires a new approach to the delivery of legal business services. Now more than ever, legal departments are having to address the challenge of dealing with increasing complexity and demand with the same or fewer resources. As part of Deloitte's Legal Business Services, our Legal Management Consulting (LMC) business is looking for team members to deliver high-quality consulting and solutioning services in a dynamic and growing marketplace. Are you a high-performing consultant and would you like to work with teams of experts and global legal departments on the cutting edge of digital legal and contracting transformation and legal operations enablement?
Work you'll do:
As a Senior Manager, you will play a key leadership role as part of a growing multi-disciplinary consulting team. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and will help to develop and deliver best in class consultancy services in a dynamic environment.
Assignments will cover the full spectrum of legal department and/or contracts consulting services including strategic operating model assessment and redesign, process re-engineering, spend and cost optimization, right-sourcing, technology selection, acquisition and adoption, developing metrics and KPIs, and identification of opportunities for efficiency improvements and optimization in legal department and contracting processes.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join the team as it expands and help position Deloitte LMC as the clear market leader.
- Primarily focusing on the delivery of client work that will successfully fulfill and exceed client expectations and deliver engagement and program objectives.
- Working and starting to lead as part of a team of industry specialists providing consulting services to major clients on legal and contracting transformation, you will quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge to become an expert in your field.
- Managing communication within project teams and with client stakeholders, maintaining and developing relationships at appropriate levels.
- Assisting with appropriate supervision activities and managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
- Maintaining and improving existing service offerings and contributing to the development of new services that anticipate and meet future client needs.
Today's world requires a new approach to the delivery of legal services. Now more than ever, legal departments are having to address the challenge of dealing with increasing complexity and demand with the same or fewer resources. The Deloitte LBS team works with legal departments and contracting teams to help them rethink their operating models, achieve greater efficiencies and increase the value they deliver back to their business stakeholders. We aim to disrupt the legal market and we need highly motivated and talented individuals to help us achieve this goal. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, law, technology, operations, finance, accounting (or related field)
- 8+ years of experience shaping and managing complex legal department and/or contracting change and transformation projects
- Experience with a wide range of methodologies and project types including organizational assessments, strategy reviews, process re-engineering, template rationalization and technology implementations
- Experience with an in-house legal department and/or contract management teams
- Experience managing and guiding the development of members of your team
- Travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)â€¯â€¯
- One of the following Accreditations: (please note these accreditations are only applicable for this role; a different accreditation may be needed for other roles within the organization):
- PMP (Project Management Certification)
- Six Sigma (Black Belt)
- Six Sigma (Green Belt)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (Project Management Institute-ACP)
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
- Licensed Attorney (or their foreign equivalents)
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- A relevant industry certification
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Advanced Degrees in law, accounting, business, economics, technology, operations or finance (or related fields)
- Previous legal experience
- Experience with program and change management skills, with an understanding of project profitability and budget management
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15604
Apply on company website