Position Summary Manager, State, Local and Higher Education Small Business Program
Serve as Small Business State, Local and Higher Education Program Manager. Assists the Deloitte Small Business Liaison Officer in implementing the tactical and strategic elements of the Firm's State, Local and Higher Education small business strategies and best practices. This role includes program design, development, and tracking and monitoring of small business programs and increase firmwide participation of SBEs, DBEs, MBEs, WBEs, VBEs, and URMs on public contracts. Develop best management practices for state and local account teams including outreach plans, technical assistance strategies, and enhancements to small business utilization. Assist in implementing and managing Supplier Diversity and Strategic Small Business Programs. Support Contingent Workforce Services (CWS) small business sourcing engagements and staffing requirements. Define and manage all classifications of businesses' formal and informal contractual participation requirements and processes. Develop and implement
education and awareness tools for various stakeholders. Track and report data and metrics to government agencies and internal stakeholders. Benchmark best practices in advance strategies and recommend other growth initiatives.
- Strategic Initiatives – Support OSSDP Program Managers in rolling out strategic, high-visibility initiatives such as HBCU Small Business strategy, White House SB support and SLHE/Commercial Mentor-Protégé Programs.
- Small Business Operation Trainings – Conduct small business operations and training requirements for Firm Stakeholders and OSSDP PMO team related to state and local regulatory policies.
Knowledge Management – Document and standardize quarterly SLHE supplier diversity reporting. Assist PMO team in creating internal stakeholder training and communications assets to convey research and plans aligned to state and local requirements and legislations. Support collaboration by contributing to project management standup for firmwide SLHE activation with OSSDP, Black Action Council, National DEI, and other stakeholders.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the development of practice-wide small business sourcing and teaming strategies.
- Advise on and develop small-business subcontracting plans and small-business participation plans.
- Review and analyze solicitations to understand the terms and conditions to assess potential unique or undue risks to small-business teammates.
- Effectively builds and maintains relationships with key client points of contact and the small business community.
- Researches, monitors, and communicates regulatory developments related to small business.
- Effectively coordinates with SLHE/Commercial stakeholders and leadership to implement small business initiatives.
- Assesses regulations and compliance review trends to guide planning, process improvements, and corrective actions.
- Responds to information requests from contractual professionals in GPS Contracts as well as external stakeholders including client Small Business Directors
- Effectively manages SLHE Mentor Protege agreements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenText and Teams
- Experience working with SBEs, DBEs, MBEs, WBEs, VBEs, and URMs
- Proficient in Subcontract Management
- Strong consultative and communication skills
- Demonstrate experience analyzing and responding to multiple state and local solicitation types to meet small business requirements
- Demonstrate public speaking experience
- Leadership/Management Training
- Experienced professional in diversity, equitable and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrated public speaking experience to large groups
- Experienced independently leading group projects with organizational impact
- Advanced Degree
Education & Experience
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient knowledge of State & Local legislation and requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15315
Apply on company website