Doblin, a Deloitte business, is seeking experienced and ambitious designers who can work across the design process to imagine and bring to life future products, services, and experiences.
As a Strategic Design Senior Consultant, you will be integral to our multi-disciplinary teams. You will use your broad design expertise to guide the conception, prototyping, and launch of solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. If you are passionate about applying human-centered design in new ways to tackle wicked problems for our clients and the industries in which they operate, keep reading.
Work You'll Do
Doblin is a pioneer in bringing design methods to the practice of business and innovation. We recognize that designers are vital to the impact we create for our clients.
Our Strategic Designers are masterful at responding to human needs and business priorities to shape desirable, feasible, and viable solutions. We look to our senior designers to take teams and clients on a journey from inspiration to fully-rounded solution in ways that drive outsize impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the synthesis of complex and varied information from numerous inputs into cohesive, compelling stories that are told through presentations, posters, videos, websites, and more
- Define and develop concepts and prototypes of products, services, and experiences at varying levels of fidelity – often by guiding a small team that may include designers with varying kinds of expertise
- Use interdisciplinary thinking to ground all ideas in research insights, business needs, and design constraints and stretch the ambition of our teams and our clients
- Design and co-facilitate engaging workshops with internal teams, clients, and other stakeholders
- Be involved in all aspects of the design process, including field research, business model design, and launching and scaling solutions in-market
- Work with a diverse team of experts, including from Deloitte's global network of industry and domain experts, to amplify the impact of your work
- Apply your expertise across industries and at multiple levels of ambition, honing your craft and supporting the development new design methods
- Contribute significantly to the development of client pitches and intellectual property, including new design methods and thought leadership
- Develop as a leader within a like-minded community of designers, local and global, with incredible opportunities for mentorship and career growth
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a design-related field
- 3+ years of relevant design experience, preferably in agency or consultancy
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent command of composition, typography, color, and fundamental communication – as well as examples of concept definition and design
- Willingness to be based in New York, Chicago, or Seattle
- Travel up to 50% (while 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Expertise in managing the ambiguity of working in and defining unknown spaces, and guiding design work through to original and powerful outcomes
- Significant experience working in dynamic conditions that require fast iterations and rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work, including in Agile teams
- An instinct to infuse empathy and behavioral analysis into all aspects of your work and advocate for it within teams and with non-designer colleagues
- A passion for human-centered design and the drive to champion it to our clients
- Superior written and spoken communication skill that elevate the impact of our teams to our clients, and our work to their business
- Mastery of a range of design tools for prototyping and visual communication: Adobe Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Sketch, etc.
- Team development
- Skill in building rapport and durable relationships with clients
- Willingness to assume a leadership role in Doblin's design community, guiding junior team members as we push the boundaries to advance our design discipline
- Ability to provide actionable feedback, support and mentorship to junior design team members on your team and within the practice
Who We Are
Doblin is a global innovation firm focused on solving complex problems that matter through a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach. Since 1981, we've pioneered the discipline of innovation and helped leading organizations navigate turbulent environments. Through a combination of design, strategy, social science, and technology, we help companies anticipate and seize new business opportunities using human-centered design. We believe in working together in cross-functional teams from diverse backgrounds to do our best work.
Doblin joined Deloitte Consulting LLP back in 2013, giving us unparalleled access to robust technology, operational, and implementation capabilities. We work with other like-minded folks to continue to push boundaries.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19198
Apply on company website