At Deloitte, our Sustainability & KPI Services Team combines CPAs with specialists in sustainability assurance, risk, measurement, and reporting. The Sustainability team provides advisory and assurance services for clients on a broad range of aspects for clients who plan to or are already disclosing against established sustainability reporting standards or frameworks such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate- Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Principles for Responsible Investing, IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management, UN Global Compact, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the GHG Protocol, CDP, and the International Integrated Reporting Council Integrated Reporting Framework. Our team includes specialists who bring industry-specific sustainability perspectives. These include understanding evolving ESG trends and market forces, why certain sustainability metrics are important from both a financial and risk perspective, and experience in advising companies as they establish and improve internal processes for collecting, analyzing, measuring, and reporting information.
Work you'll do
As a Sustainable Finance Manager, you will
· Lead the delivery of projects for financial service clients with a focus on:
o Assessing, analyzing and evaluate the environmental and social impacts of investments
o Identifying and integrating social and environmental metrics into investment decisions
o Integrating ESG into risk processes, business opportunities, operations, reporting and stakeholder engagement
o Reporting and external assurance in line with recognized ESG standards and frameworks such as TCFD, GRI, SASB, CDP, PRI, WEF-IBC, IRIS+, SDGs, UN Global Compact
o ESG due diligence and ESG advisory projects from for private equity and trade clients
o Impact and responsible investing strategies, measurement and reporting
o Evaluating Green and Social Bonds, including pre-issuance evaluation and post-issuance evaluation
· Deliver multiple project tasks or components, including completing proposals
· Collaborate across regions and global practice communities
· Establish strong working relationships with clients through project delivery
· Work alongside others on climate change and sustainability matters and industries to provide expert insight on the impact and interactions of climate change on other sustainability areas
· Act in the capacity of ‘engagement manager', taking ownership for all aspects of engagement delivery from scoping and team selection through to delivery, risk & quality management and budgetary control
· Utilize your subject matter knowledge to lead new business development opportunities and grow Deloitte's ESG proposition
· Providing leadership and mentoring to junior team members and others where required
· Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations
· Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
· Undergraduate degree in business or sustainability-related field
· 7+ years of direct professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO or corporate role driving ESG-related initiatives within financial services including ESG Integration, Sustainable Finance, impact or responsible investing, ESG due diligence and risk management across the investment lifecycle.
· Robust understanding of capital markets and the investment management industry with a passion for sustainable finance
· Deep understanding of ESG-related standards and frameworks such as Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI), Principles for Responsible Banking, TCFD, SASB, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact, SDGs, IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management, Partnership for Carbon Accounting Professionals (PCAF)
· Experience working on climate change related issues for financial service companies is preferred including conducting climate risk analysis, setting climate-related goals, advancing climate resilience or carbon reduction efforts, working on scope 3 emissions, or climate finance.
· Understanding of green and social bonds, relevant principles and the EU Green Bond Standard, market challenges and insights, and overall process
· Understanding of Sustainable Finance taxonomy
· Strong management and communication skills
· Qualitative and quantitative investment research using ESG data
· Familiarity with ESG risks and opportunities affecting multiple sectors experience
· Sustainability certification (e.g., GRI or SASB's Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting credential a plus) or certified public accountant (CPA) with relevant sustainability experience
· Sound understanding of corporate sustainability risks across various industry sectors
· Participation in relevant industry working groups
· Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time and budget
· Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
· Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Experience working independently on multiple assignments or engagements, even in a virtual environment
· Experience with project management support including budget analysis, status reporting, and issue management preferred
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17941
Apply on company website