Are you interested in improving the financial technology (fintech) software and services to address the administration, accounting, compliance, and surveillance demands of today's market of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in delivering R9B Technology Operations Services including ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operations of the systems that support core organizational functions? Are you excited about rapidly changing operational environments, learning what you need to get the job done, and producing accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte's R9B Technology Operations team could be the place for you! Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping fintech initiatives today. Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory business is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Delivering our industry leading services requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform the fintech marketplace.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a System Operations Engineer in Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory, you'll work with our diverse teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today's toughest challenges to enable or clients to achieve business growth and manage risk.
Work you'll do
As a System Operations Engineer you will support the R9B Technology Operations cutting-edge technology that provides innovation solutions.
- Install applications, develop scripts, and perform upgrades
- Provide support for various cutting-edge applications
- Monitor environment, responding to health alerts for various supporting hardware and software platforms
- Perform triage, analyze, and troubleshoot infrastructure and application incidents to validate and determine needed mitigation
- Escalate infrastructure and application issues, implements countermeasures in response to quickly resolve the issue, and recommends operational improvements
· Maintain technical documentation necessary to make the assigned systems operational and efficient
· Review existing infrastructure, analyze, recommend refinements, improvements and enhancements to ensure the most efficient methods are employed
- Keep accurate incident notes in case management system
- Continuously improve the service by identifying and correcting issues or gaps in knowledge, identifying and recommending new or updated tools
- Perform peer reviews and consultations with other System Operations Engineers
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding malfunctioning products
- Actively seek self-improvement through continuous learning and pursuing advancement
- Provide shift status and metric reporting
· Participate in on-call rotation
- Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte policies
- Perform light project work as assigned
§ Bachelor of Science with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, math, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the IT industry.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in System Administration experience
- 3+ years of hands on cloud experience, AWS preferred, including cross-region deployment
- 3+ years experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows and/or Linux firmware, servers, and storage
- Experience in Highly available 24x7 Enterprise Operational Environment
- Monitoring daily system performance and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Ability to respond to and resolve incident requests
- Understanding of load balancing, TCP/IP, basic networking skills such as IP, DNS, HTTP,
- Understanding of common network devices such as routers, switches
- Ability to upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Basic knowledge of database related technologies: SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Agent, SSIS
- Basic knowledge of IIS configuration, application pools, web site setup, and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Ability to review application logs
- Ensure that all server hardware, operating systems, software and procedures aligned with organizational standards and strategic business plan.
- Experience with parsing and scripting languages such as Powershell, Perl, VBscript, SQL Scripting, etc.
- Hands-on experience supporting and managing secure Web-based environments
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Linux Operating System to include general networking concepts as well as virtual technologies such as VMWare
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
- Experience with working with Virtual environments a plus
- Ability to multi-task, nimbleness and highly functional within a team environment
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced exciting, ever changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work shifts on a rotating basis for 24/7 support of clients
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 18259
Apply on company website