Systems Engineering Agile Coach - Senior Consultant
As an Agile Coach you're focused in estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily scrums, and conducting sprint demo & retrospective meetings throughout all Agile Sprint phases for custom software development projects. Must understand and execute on backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner and the distributed project teams, making sure deliverables reflect requirements, on-time with production quality. You'll play a key role in resolving business and team conflicts. Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow.
Work you'll do
The Agile Coach involves understanding the Agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget. In addition, you'll do the following:
- Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners
- Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools
- Help team to clarify goals and activities to be on-track
- Keep the team focused - shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Monitor and eliminate team conflicts
- Conduct sprint Demos and Retrospectives
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Agile Coach - Managers are required to have:
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology;
- 2-3+ years of relevant Agile experience;
- Proven knowledge transfer, training delivery and leadership skills;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal;
- An advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project;
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks and tools including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Safe and others;
- Experience coaching small Agile teams and management;
- Problem solving skills with the ability to apply structured thinking in solving business and technical problems;
- Understanding of methodologies including Waterfall, iterative/RUP delivery approach, and help client assist in their thinking process as they adapt to Agile;
- Experience in working with standard Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools to quickly establish traceability / collaboration among project/program functional rudiments â€“ be hands-on using collaborative tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jama Software, GIT / GitHub and ALM integrations, etc.;
- Experience facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos across dispersed geographies;
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile scrum development & testing practices;
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Project Management Tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, HP Agile Manager, Rally etc.
- 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the Jama, HP tools set, etc.
- Experience with SAFe methodology(certification preferred);
- Scrum Master Certification;
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited Immigration sponsorship maybe available
In addition, successful Scrum Coach - Manager will have the following preferred background:
Project Management Certification PMP;
- Experience working on projects involving solution development based on Cloud (Amazon Web Services, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture;
- Experience leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com;
- Experience managing work planning, monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes;
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies;
- Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments;
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience;
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 14790
Apply on company website