Systems Engineering Functional Consultant – Life Sciences
Are you a talented professional with a passion for Life Sciences and an interest in evaluation, planning, implementation, and management of innovative industry technologies? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Functional Consultant, you act as the liaison between the business and the technology, working with clients in the fast moving Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical space, helping to define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design transformative approaches for technology systems.
Work you'll do
As a Functional Consultant you will bring market leading, innovative solutions to clients in the Life Sciences space. Your responsibilities will include working with a variety of clients having deep experience across the Life Sciences value chain from Commercial to R&D. Knowledge of Life Science R & D terminology, standard industry applications and as well as technology operations will be helpful. Strong candidates will understand technology as it relates to commercial Life Sciences companies. In addition, you'll:
Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
Functional Consultants are required to have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other related discipline to Life Sciences;
- Total 3+ years relevant IT Consulting experience;
- 2+ years in requirements engineering, functional and business analysis experience;
- Experience working on projects related to custom software development and across SDLC;
- Experience in gathering and synthesizing requirements and conduct requirements analysis;
- Background in functional design and creating process maps;
- Working experience of tools like ARIS, IBM Requisite Pro, or other similar BPM tools and Jira or Microsoft Project for project tracking purposes;
- Experience working with Life Science R&D, including Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Clinical Trial Management Systems is a plus;
- Limited immigration sponsorship maybe available
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Exposure to SDLC and Agile, DevOps, CI projects
- Experience in design activities including participating in design sessions and understanding business processes;
- Exposure to working with distributed teams;
- Experience in documenting technical requirements based upon client interviews;
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering, writing and analysis;
- Ability to develop test cases from test scenarios/ requirements.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17826
Apply on company website