Firmwide Finance Operations Role - Part of Deloitte's Internal U.S. Tax Department
Work you'll do
This position is involved in all stages of tax return preparation of Deloitte's federal, state & local income tax returns.
About the Team
The U.S. Firm income tax compliance team is involved in all stages of tax return preparation of Deloitte's federal, state & local income tax returns.
- Prepare schedules and working papers for the firm's partnership income tax returns, including certain partner-related information (such as K-1 schedules, composite schedules, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of the firm's federal, state, and local income tax returns, including composite nonresident income tax returns and certain partner-related information (such as state income and tax allocations).
- Perform tax research as necessary regarding federal and state tax issues affecting the U.S. firms.
- Assist in analysis and calculation of required estimated tax payments.
- Assist with state and local tax audits and correspond with authorities regarding audit issues and/or tax notices.
- Review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for appropriateness of tax accruals.
- 0-3 years of experience with partnership and/or corporate federal and state income tax.
- 0-3 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs (Excel) required.
- Experience using tax prep software (e.g., GoSystems, OneSource Income Tax) and data wrangling tools (e.g., Alteryx) preferred.
- Strong tax compliance skills preferred.
- Knowledge of multistate apportionment preferred.
- International tax compliance experience and/or general ledger background helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills helpful.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- BA in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Masters of Tax degree and CPA certification (or eligibility to sit for CPA exam) preferred
- Prior Big 4 experience preferred
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 36430
Apply on company website