Manager – NFTS – PSG - TARDI
Interested in taking your tax and business experience to a whole new level? Want to work with some of the leading hedge and private equity firms, insurance companies, and banks in the world? Want to be on a team with some of the most diverse backgrounds in the industry – financial analysts, developers, business analysts, attorneys and accountants? This is the place for you!
Work you'll do:
As a Manager in this group, you will manage relationships, ensure timely reporting of milestone and dependency status, monitor risks and issues to escalate, and execute day-to-day management activities. You'll oversee asset-level diligence and analysis on debt investments, preparation and/or review of debt taxable income calculations, preparation and/or review of debt taxable income reports, communicating with clients, their servicers and/or administrators and lead client resources. Specific responsibilities of the PSG - TARDI team include:
• Calculating taxable income on debt investments including OID, market discount, premium, gain / loss, tax basis, and other items using Deloitte's proprietary TARDI software and tools.
• Leveraging proprietary software, third party data providers, and credit agreements to research asset level debt origination terms for corporate bond portfolios, mortgage-backed security portfolios, and mortgage loan pools.
• Working with monthly client provided trading data to review, transform, process, and reconcile tax specific transactional data within the TARDI software.
• Performing tax research to address tax technical issues that arise related to debt investment related transactions.
• Developing requirements for TARDI system enhancements and ongoing testing of TARDI system calculations, processes, and reporting.
• Supporting pursuit of new client opportunities through review of prospective client debt holdings, development of marketing decks, and analysis of industry public filings.
• Working within a team and supporting and mentoring junior staff.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, marketplace needs, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
One of our fast-growing, unique service offerings is our Tax Analysis & Information Reporting for Debt Investments (TARDI) practice. Those pursuing investment opportunities in corporate/government debt, MBS, and ABS markets are consistently challenged to properly address the tax planning and compliance that can apply. This quickly becomes a task that is often heavily dependent upon effective data management and a knowledge of financial products and tax principles. Through a combination of tools developed by Deloitte's Securitization and Partnerships Solutions practices, we can assist with the complex tax and reporting needs of large portfolios of fixed income investments.
• 8+ years of full-time professional experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS, or related field required
• Practical knowledge in fixed income financial products, income tax principles, debt instruments and/or project management
• Big 4 experience or equivalent
• Data Analytics experience and solid technology skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, LLM or other applicable degree
• Proven problem-solving capabilities
• Experience serving clients or directly working within the financial services industry
• CPA, CFA, PMP, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
• Solid experience in financial system design and implementation
• Background in financial portfolio review, regulatory reporting and bond administration
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NYCTMGRSM003-NFT
Apply on company website