Do you have experience in serving clients on renewable energy, research and development, or other federal credits and incentive engagements? Do you have passion for providing value to your clients? If you answered “Yes” to either of these questions, bring your expertise and client service skills to Deloitte! A career in Deloitte's Global Investment & Innovation Incentives practice will give you the opportunity to work on complex and high-value engagements for some of the world's largest companies in a variety of industries.
Work you'll do:
As a Tax Manager, you will analyze and document the complexities around tax credit eligibility, perform credit calculations, and evaluate entity structuring and deal terms for tax credit investments. Many businesses do not have the personnel or resources needed to keep up with the evolving legislation in these areas, and you will play a key role in helping clients understand and benefit from these government incentives. You will work with a highly-experienced team that knows the industry well and has developed standardized approaches and various analyzer and optimization tools in project implementations. You will manage the review and organization of client data for credits and incentives analyses while serving as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing federal credits and incentives opportunities including Research and Development tax credit/deduction analyses, New Markets Tax Credit, Qualified Opportunity Zones, Renewable Energy tax credits, and other federal credit incentive service offerings
- Leveraging your extensive technical skills developed through your growing reputation in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities
- Developing, mentoring, and motivating Consultants and Senior Consultants, providing counseling and career guidance
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, marketplace needs, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries. The Global Investment & Innovation Incentives (Gi3) tax team is a national team of specialists dedicated to providing comprehensive tax credit and incentive services, including the Research and Development credit, the New Market Tax Credit, Qualified Opportunity Zones, Renewable Energy tax credits, and other federal credits. These benefits are offered for activities conducted in the United States, as well as research performed in over 30 other countries that offer research incentives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, law, engineering, technology, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in core federal tax compliance
- Travel up to 40% (While 40% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- At least one of the following Accreditations:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office or Licensed Attorney
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, LLM, or JD
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15295
Apply on company website