Core Business Tax – Senior Consultant
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple jurisdictions and countries? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax advisory,” and “tax controversy” pique your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice!
What You'll Do
As a Tax Senior Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing and assisting with a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, including tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
• Coordinating with client's tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
• Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
• Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
• Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
• Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• 3+ years' experience in federal taxation
• Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed attorney
o Enrolled agent
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
• Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
• Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
• Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 15543
Apply on company website