Tax Technology - Quality Assurance - Manager
Over the past several years, Deloitte Tax LLP (“Deloitte Tax”) has had great success in delivering technology-enabled tax services to its clients. As a result, Deloitte Tax is expanding its Technology group. The Tax Transformation group is focused on developing new service offerings and technology solutions that assist us in delivering tax services to our clients. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting edge and innovative start-up environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
The Tax Transformation QA Manager plays an integral role in our Tax Transformation QA team as an individual responsible for leading quality assurance efforts across Transformation products. This involves working across Tax Transformation and other Deloitte Tax products to create testing strategies to manage delivery quality products. The Tax Transformation QA Manager will work with onshore and offshore QA analysts to provide best in class quality assurance activities to create products with quality that meets or exceeds client expectations and delivers value that is aligned with the Deloitte brand.
• Work with Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to create QA approaches / plans for each product
• Hire and train qualified QA analysts, based both in the US and in USI. This includes manual and automated testers
• Manage and oversee quality assurance execution for each of the products per the agile testing guidelines – touch base frequently with product owners to ensure their product needs are met
• Work with Tax Transformation QA leadership to design testing solution that meet the needs of the tax products – this includes manual and automated testing, and other testing types such as performance and security testing
• Work with the QA analysts to consistently and constantly train and mentor them to improve their knowledge of the application functionality and underlying technology
• Lead Community of Practice efforts to define / improve QA standards and to ensure all product QA teams are executing to these standards.
• Identify and remove any blockers for the Product QA teams
• Closely work with offshore QA team, QA leadership, Dev, BA, PO, DevOps and QA Automation team to deliver automated testing solutions
• Help and assist with management of vendor support resources
• Participate in product and QA meetings to add value from quality perspective
• Provide status reports to Tax Transformation leadership and other management teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience as QA Analyst, including automated testing and 4+ years as a QA Manager
- Experience in test management tools such as ALM, Microsoft Test Manager and JIRA
- Experience in working with automated testing frameworks
- Experience in managing offshore teams
- Experience with traditional testing types, includes manual, automated, regression, integration, smoke, performance, and security testing
- Must have experience in testing custom-developed applications
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- Limited Sponsorship - Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• SQL skills and overall experience working with relational databases
• Experience in developing and managing Testing strategies and processes
• Experience with scripting tools such as VB or Java script
• Knowledge of web-based technologies
• Knowledge of micro services
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17251
Apply on company website