Technology Strategy Manager - Higher Education Projects
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Higher Education subject matter expert to lead an IT strategy assessment and roadmap development effort around research computing. In this role, you will advise key stakeholders on the following areas: research computing, research administration, and funding models.
Work you'll do
- Manage small team of professionals and foster a positive work environment
- Coordinate and facilitate strategy discussions with senior leaders to develop an understanding of current state strategy and operations
- Develop a current state assessment of research computing ecosystem at a university-wide level
- Form a data-driven future state vision of research computing environment
- Make recommendations to achieve the future state vision and present them to client in sequenced form relative to an implementation timeline
- Identify the implementation requirements required to implement the roadmap
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to architect integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Technology Strategy & Insights, Enterprise Model Design, Enterprise Cloud Strategy and Business Transformation.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Strategy will help our clients:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience in the higher education sector
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully managing teams
- IT Assessment and roadmap experience
- Up to 100% travel required\n\n
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Familiarity with ITIL, ITSM, and shared services
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching others\n\n
- Ability to deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to\nleadership in short timeframes\n
- \n\n\n\nExcellent strategic thinker, with demonstrated strategic consulting or\nrelated experience in strategy development, technology strategy, and IT\nassessments\n\n
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRLR006-SA
Apply on company website