Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) – Deloitte Entity Search & Compliance (DESC) Senior Analyst
As part of the ICN group, you will help the Deloitte US Firms remain independent — unbiased and free from conflicts of interest — when providing services to clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules, and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is critical to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
Work you'll do
Analysts in our group have a challenging opportunity for high visibility and frequent consultation with senior technical partners and leaders in addressing independence-related issues. As an analyst, you will participate in a team responsible for our centralized system for monitoring independence from attest clients. You will also be an active participant in handling the timely update and completion of independence checks, processes, and systems. In addition, you will assist in consultations with engagement teams to evaluate and apply independence policy. The success of the role involves:
- Working closely with partners and engagement team members on policy consultations and business requirements involving the independence systems.
- Undertaking independence processes and assigned projects.
- Conducting the periodic review and update of risk and independence data and processes (including process improvement).
- Attending policy-setting meetings aimed at developing guidance to address emerging issues.
- Drafting internal correspondence aimed at growing awareness of the auditor independence rules and implications of new U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) rulings.
As part of Risk & Brand Protection, the Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) US Restricted Entities Management team performs a critical quality and risk-management function for the Deloitte US Entities.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills with an emphasis on detail
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize amidst multiple projects
- Dedication to professional growth and a willingness to develop new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Public accounting or financial services experience
- Project team experience
- Independence requirements experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 41861
Apply on company website