Marketing Lead – Oil, Gas & Chemicals (OG&C) Sector
Are you a marketing and communications professional who is unafraid to think differently, always going the extra mile, and keeps current on the latest marketing trends? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? Are you interested in working with different businesses executing strategic marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs? We are seeking a passionate and experienced professional to play in this role.
This position is responsible for designing and executing integrated marketing campaigns Deloitte's US Oil, Gas & Chemicals (OG&C) sector.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional — with a strong desire to grow in industry knowledge, data analysis, and professional services marketing— with an ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of a matrix organization.
What you'll do:
You will work closely with the sector leadership to support and implement strategy effectively and consistently with an “always on” marketing mindset.
The Marketing & Communications Lead supports and drives the execution and delivery of market development campaigns through the efforts of the aligned team. Collaborates (leading at times) with colleagues in the Marketing & Communications Center of Excellence to differentiate the Deloitte brand, drive Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovate new marketing and communications solutions, and deliver distinct client experiences. Potential to facilitate marketing and communications targeting activities through assisting with social media campaigns, content marketing, supporting business expansion initiatives, developing promotional marketing materials and targeting tools, and managing major promotional events such as trade shows, industry speaking events and sponsorships.
We develop cutting-edge marketing plans, creative assets, and unique experiences that engage our clients; deliver on the strategy of our businesses in the marketplace; and capture the hearts, minds, and loyalty of our clients.
- Sector planning – ability to meet with senior business stakeholders alongside Senior Marketing Manager, to understand the core business objectives and client opportunities with an eye towards developing and executing a detailed go to market activation plan
- Campaign/Activation development - focus on marketing strategy and execution of the OG&C priority campaigns and activations in tight collaboration with our Green Dot Agency (GDA) partners
- Thoughtware execution and commercialization – ability to work cross-functionally with our business stakeholders, Research & Insights team and Deloitte Insights on all aspects of thoughtware development from project facilitation to internal and external launch and promotion
- Content development, optimization and marketing - exercise judgement around content and edits when creating/updating decks, drafting collateral materials, or updating website content; ability to carry changes through documents and key points in messages
- Event support - planning logistics, invitations, registration, conference materials and on-site experience as well as the post-event sales enablement strategy; these events may include online and/or offline events and may be a Deloitte proprietary event or a co-sponsored event with an external third-party association
- Writing ability to edit pieces independently and providing content that is close to final prior to passing to supervisor for review; Ability to work with a variety of content types, including but not limited to social media activities, email communications, internal communications, website content, etc.
- Reporting - develops reports that tell a compelling story; ability to use data to make decisions and persuade others to follow a course of action
- Project management - need to be flexible and able to manage multiple projects with competing timelines and ability to proactively manage up (knowing when to start to identify and push solutions or escalate for help with issue resolution)
- Collaborate with PR team to drive media coverage when applicable
- Best practice sharing – willingness to collaborate on cross-sector projects and initiatives for the betterment of the entire Energy, Resources & Industrials Industry M&C team
- Experience using social media platforms, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter, and understanding the corollary between internet engagement and strategic best practices for reader engagement and user experience
- Detailed and process-oriented so as to work through the appropriate internal clearances (e.g. Risk Review) in a timely and compliant fashion
- Project management with detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Organized with ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage stakeholder expectations across multiple, competing projects/priorities with aggressive deadlines and quick turn-around times
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus
- Ease and comfort with brainstorming and idea generation
- Polished executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and adapt to business needs
- Interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative working style to build relationships, including collaborating with multiple business marketing teams, senior leaders, sales, vendors, etc.
- Familiarity with budgets and tracking, etc.
- Excellent PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Outlook skills
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Five to eight years of specifically relevant experience required
- Travel of up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 31530
Apply on company website