Deloitte's Enterprise Performance professionals are leaders in optimizing operations that span the entire enterprise of an organization, from strategy to implementation and operation. By joining our team, you can help clients achieve impact and value from their investments in both people and technology that support enterprise-wide operations, as well as solutions for specific functions in the organization, from IT to finance and the supply chain.
Work you'll do
As a Workday Functional Sr. Consultant, you should expect to be involved in the following supporting our Higher Education Clients:
- Act as the Functional team lead
- Work with the project team on business requirement definition and translation into configuration requirements in support of Grants process in Higher-Education
- Be the escalation point for critical functional issue
- Provide direction and guidance to functional consultants
- Serve as the primary correspondent for client communications
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Emerging ERP Solutions practice helps implement cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications such as Workday Financials and Infor. Teams support finance and supply-chain transformations where the software is a true enabler of process change and cost reduction.
- 4 + years of consulting experience, preferably with a large consulting firm
- Deep grants management and financial knowledge and experience. Experience working with any major ERP solution common among universities (Peoplesoft, Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud or Workday). Experience configuring any of these solutions but prefer Workday Grants.
- Industry experience; Must have worked in a large, research-intensive University
- Grants management experience is a must have
- Demonstrated success of hands-on experience with Workday implementations
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Excel, and Power point
- Travel up to 80-100% to Charlottesville, VA (While 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Travel up to 80% to Charlottesville, VA (While 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Workday Financials certified
- Understanding sponsor requirements, supporting the development of proposals, negotiating contracts and cooperative agreements, establishing consortium agreements, knowledge of non-financial regulatory obligations (e.g., human subjects, animal subjects, conflicts of interest, etc.)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 23238
Apply on company website