Under the supervision of lead agent and/or supervisor on duty cargo agents are responsible for routing inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations and processing transactions for shipments in a courteous, accurate and timely manner. May also perform ramp agent duties as needed.
· Loads/unloads freight, packages or cargo in a safe and timely manner.
· Takes orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and cargo.
· Prepares and examines bills of landing and weighs items to determine shipping charges and prepares freight bills.
· Collects fees, processes payments, and issues refunds in a prompt and courteous manner using the computer system.
· Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment department to resolve problems with shipments.
· Notifies customers of delays in departure of shipment.
· Prepares manifest to accompany shipments and maintains records of goods shipped, received and stored.
· Greets customers in a friendly and courteous manner and answers questions concerning cargo shipment.
· Maintains safety and security of the cargo facility at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies.
· Reads and verifies cargo shipment to ensure correct loading of customer shipment.
· Communicates with other ground personnel concerning arrival/departure information of shipment in a professional manner.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager.This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled
Apply on company website