Job Summary: Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty, the Passenger Wheelchair Agent is responsible for assisting and transporting passengers that need special assistance to and from their assigned gate or other airport destination in a friendly, courteous and timely manner. Essential Functions :
- Assists and transports passengers requiring wheelchair assistance to/from assigned gate.
- Safely lifts special needs passengers up/down stairs of aircraft and in/out of wheelchairs.
- In a timely manner, escorts unaccompanied minors to/from flights and/or to meet a receiving adult.
- Reads appropriate paperwork to identify name, flight information, date and special service request details to ensure special needs passengers are taken to the correct destination.
- Assists special needs passengers and unaccompanied minors in transporting and claiming personal belongings and baggage.
- Reads the airport monitors to determine arrival and departure information and arranges gate for incoming passengers who need special assistance.
- Greets and escorts passengers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Uses PAXTrack system to report pick-up and drop-off of special needs passengers.
- Communicates instructions and special services to gate agent or other personnel for passengers with special needs.
- Gathers wheelchairs in the concourse and returns them to the staging area for use.
- May assist in arranging ground transportation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website